We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Portfolio analyzer demo compilations fails

While I was trying to run the portfolio analyzer demo from the Syncfusion dashboard it happenes that the compilations fails:

PortfolioAnalyzer.Infrastructure -> c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\kuku\Eigene Dateien\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\7.4.0.20\WPF\Tools.WPF\Samples\3.5\WindowsSamples\Product Showcase\Portfolio Analyzer\CS\Portfolio.Infrastructure\bin\Release\PortfolioAnalyzer.Infrastructure.dll
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets(3094,9): error MSB3491: Could not write lines to file "obj\Release\PortfolioAnalyzer.Infrastructure.csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets(3329,9): error MSB3491: Could not write lines to file "obj\Release\PortfolioAnalyzer.Infrastructure.csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
Done building project "PortfolioAnalyzer.Infrastructure.csproj" -- FAILED.

2 Replies

ES EXAPT Systemtechnik GmbH February 18, 2010 12:02 PM UTC

Well, I made it run by moving the sources into c:\temp but actually I wonder why this must happen at all.
One probably cannot delete ones' posts, otherwise I would have.

CS C. Sudha Syncfusion Team February 22, 2010 05:58 AM UTC

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the update.

This issue occurs because, the default suggested path for the samples exceeds the maximum path length. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. I suspect that your directory name exceeds the 248 characters and hence the above error occurs.

Next time you are moving the samples to a directory name which contains less than 248 characters. That’s why you are able to run the sample.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
SudhaC.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon