We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Configuration Error viewing local ASP.NET samples

I installed Essential Studio 2009 Volume 4 on my Windows 7 Home Premium development notebook, entered the Dashboard, pressed "View ASP.NET samples (Locate on disk)" and all I get is:

<=== IE window begin ===>

Server Error in '/sfwebsamples/Tools.Web/samples/3.5' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Tools.Web, Version=7.403.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 37:
Line 38:
Line 39:
Line 40:
Line 41:

Source File: C:\Users\Miguel Almeida.ASUS30A\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\7.4.0.20\Web\Tools.Web\samples\3.5\web.config Line: 39

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Syncfusion.Tools.Web, Version=7.403.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

<=== IE window end ===>

I'm using an administrator account. I did try reinstalling using "Run as administrator" on syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe

Perhaps an incompatibility with Windows 7?

2 Replies

MA Miguel Almeida January 14, 2010 09:54 PM UTC

After removing Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and installing Visual Studio 2008 it started working.

What component of Visual Studio made it work?
.NET 3.5 SP1 was correctly installed.

S. S.Anandharaman Syncfusion Team January 19, 2010 12:00 AM UTC

Hi Miguel,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

The reported web.config error may occurs due to Syncfusion.Tools.Web doesn't exist in GAC. Assemblymanager utility is used to place the Syncufsion assemblies in GAC(Open Dashboard run AssemblyManager->Install version 7.4.0.20). Syncfusion Essential studio v7.4.0.20 supports with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows7, Windows server 2003 and Windows server 2008 operating systems. The minimum requirement for Essential studio v7.4.0.20 was .NET framework 3.5 with SP1 installed. It supports all Visual studio components like Visual Web Developer 2008.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
AnandharamanS

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon