We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grouping

Hi,

Just tried grouping by a column, which works fine, but with Grouping enabled when I drag another column into the group header to group by, I get the attached error.

"Microsoft JScript runtime error: '0.parentNode' is null or not an object.

Expanding and collapsing my default group column works fine, but when I try to remove the group column or drag another one in I get the same error.

Regards,
Henryk.

Image2_c107896d.zip

2 Replies

HS Henryk Schneider December 11, 2009 06:06 AM UTC

Also, is it possible to group by a value but display something more meaningful in the group caption?

I.e I need to group some information by date, but I don't want to see the time component of the value -> "12:00:00 AM" in the group caption. Ideally I would like the group caption to say something like "Friday, 11 Dec 2009".

Regards,
Henryk.

BM Balaji M Syncfusion Team December 14, 2009 03:25 PM UTC

Hi Henryk,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1. Grouping column throws error:

We were unable to reproduce this issue, so could you please share your sample files so that we can look into it and suggest a solution quickly.

Note : our Grouping feature is partially implemented in paging mode. Only one level of grouping is enabled in Paging mode(ie. more than one column grouping not available). We are working on complete implementation on the Grouping support feature.

2. Group caption customization:

We regret to let you know that currently, we don't support GroupCaption customization in the runtime. This has been confirmed as a Feature request.

We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version release or service pack releases. We usually

have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards
M. Balaji.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon