We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Autocomplete and WCF

Hello,

I would like to use Autocomplete like in ASP: sending keyed data to a WCF service and retrieve a list to refresh CustomSource of Autocomplete based on string typed by user. The problem is i cant find the right Autocomplete Event to handle.

TextChanged : is triggered after key type + focus lost on Autocomplete so this is event is not call at each key typed.

KeyDown/KeyUP : is triggered after each key type (nice) but when i get Autocomplete.Text to get full string typed its always empty as long as TextChanged is not raised.

Is there a away to implement the behaviour on Autocomplete ?

Regards,
FMO

4 Replies

AT Ananthi T Syncfusion Team December 11, 2009 07:04 AM UTC

Hi FMO,

Yes this is an issue in AutoComplete. Thanks for bringing this defect to our attention. We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused. The issue has been confirmed as defect and we have logged a defect report. We will provide you the fix within one week.

We appreciate your patience.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Ananthi T

VZ Victor Zolotov April 26, 2010 06:58 PM UTC

Does not work now. In just fix it?

MK Mayavel K Syncfusion Team May 8, 2010 10:25 AM UTC

Hi FMO,

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.we are still working in this issue. We will provide you the fix within one week.

Thanks,
Mayavel K

BK Boopesh Kumar T Syncfusion Team August 24, 2010 08:26 AM UTC

Hi FMO,

The Autocomplete Control ( TextChanged event) issue has been fixed. This fix will include in our Volume 4 release.

Regards,
Boopesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon