We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bubble with different style of points

Hello,

I need to have XY (scatter) and XYZ (Bubble) charts with different style of points.
I used your example to illustrate what I have done. XYStd.jpg and XYZStd.jpg are the XY and XYZ based on one series with several points. All the points have the same color and you have only one label in the legend. To have different colors and different labels, I created one Series by point. It is working fine for XY as seen in XYMult.jpg. For the Bubble it is not working because the size of the Bubble is the same everywhere (because there is only one point in every Series) as seen in XYZMult.jpg.
How can I obtain exactly the same visual result as XYZMult.jpg with the size of the Bubble working ?

Regards

XYZ_d98a0b2b.rar

16 Replies

OV Olivier VAYSSIE November 18, 2009 02:13 PM UTC

Here is the code of the modified example

Bubble_71a080a2.rar

PI Poorani Idhaya Bala M.A Syncfusion Team November 20, 2009 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Olivier ,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

I have modified the sample to achieve your requirement.
By overriding the datatemplate of bubble chart you can set different sizes for each bubble series.

Please find the modified sample and the screen shot.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Poorani

Bubble_Modified_d16744d9.zip

OV Olivier VAYSSIE November 23, 2009 09:03 AM UTC

Hello Poorani,

Thank you for your help. It is almost good.

1) If you go back and forth between Scatter and Bubble, you see that the size of the bubbles is not always the same. Their position is not right either some times (the first for example).
2) The adornment info is not working when I have only one line of data (I removed the added line in the example).

If you can help me again, I would appreciate it.

Regards,

Olivier Vayssié

Bubble_Modified_128e4d35.rar

OV Olivier VAYSSIE November 23, 2009 09:19 AM UTC

There is a random in the width converter ?! The size should be bound on m_oDataTable.Weight

PI Poorani Idhaya Bala M.A Syncfusion Team November 24, 2009 04:57 AM UTC

Hi Olivier ,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

I have modified the sample as per your requirement. Please find the modified sample and the screen shot .

Please test this at your end and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Poorani

Bubble_Modified_c593e5c4.zip

OV Olivier VAYSSIE November 26, 2009 10:36 AM UTC

Hello,

That's great. Many thanks for that one. I still have to figure out how to make the labels work and it will be perfect.

Best Regards,

Olivier Vayssié

PI Poorani Idhaya Bala M.A Syncfusion Team November 27, 2009 03:35 AM UTC

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your update. I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. Please do not hesitate to open a new support forum if you ever need further assistance from us.

Thanks,
Poorani

OV Olivier VAYSSIE March 3, 2010 04:50 PM UTC

Hello,

I did not pay attention to it at the time, but the position of the bubbles are not right. They are slightly different from the position of the scatter points. Is there a way to have exactly the same position ?

Cordially,

Olivier Vayssié

Bubble_ef9252bf.rar

SS Sujitha S Syncfusion Team March 5, 2010 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Olivier ,

I have modified the sample to achieve your requirement.

Please find the modified sample.

Thanks,
Sujitha S

Modified_Bubble_6e3e026b.zip

OV Olivier VAYSSIE March 5, 2010 04:27 PM UTC

Hello,

It seems to be working fine.

Many Thanks,

Olivier Vayssié

OV Olivier VAYSSIE March 5, 2010 04:56 PM UTC

Hello,

I think there must be something else. I attached the project with different values. The first bubbles are somewhat all right. But the last ones are not. The distance to add to x and y does not seems to be constant( 15 ) but seems to change. Maybe the size of the bubbles intervene. But I could not find a way to make it work right. If you can help me again, that would be great.

Cordially,

Olivier Vayssié

Bubble_ed63de.rar

SS Sujitha S Syncfusion Team March 9, 2010 10:26 AM UTC

Hi Olivier,

We can't set the exact X and Y values of bubble chart using converter. We can achieve your requirement using the single series. I have modified the sample to achieve your requirement.

Using the custom data template, We can set different colors and labels for every segment of the Bubble chart and the scatter chart in the same series.

Please find the modified sample.

Regards,
Sujitha S

ScatterChart_347540d0.zip

OV Olivier VAYSSIE March 10, 2010 10:27 AM UTC

Hello,
Thank you for your answer. Your sample is interesting. It is too late to change our application. But we will think about changing our data part to include the drawing styles.
Cordially,
Olivier Vayssié

PI Poorani Idhaya Bala M.A Syncfusion Team March 11, 2010 05:05 AM UTC

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your update.Please do not hesitate to open a new support forum if you ever need further assistance from us.

Thanks,
Poorani

OV Olivier VAYSSIE March 29, 2012 03:27 PM UTC

Hello,

It can be achieved by using x,y converter, and moving the bubble by half the differences of diameter between the biggest bubble and the current bubble. I added a modified sample showing this.

Cordially,

Olivier Vayssié

Bubble_f1f58c0.zip

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team April 16, 2012 09:41 AM UTC

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your update.And we are happy your requirement is achieved. Please do not hesitate to open a new support forum if you ever need further assistance from us.

Thanks,
Michael Prabhu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon