We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GGC cell high freqent update (flash very quick)

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

91417 Nov 17,2009 01:32 PM Nov 23,2009 05:37 AM Windows Forms 4
Tags: Grouping
David Cui
Asked On November 17, 2009 01:32 PM

hi, when I try to simulate a Quote screen which getting price in realtime to paint to GGC. it works oK. Onlything, the cell update is very quick , near flash/flip , user hardly to see what the price it is. Any possible way to slowing down a bit or gracefully update the GGC cell ? How ?

even worst, when I sort such high-frequently update column (price) as above, the rows jump up and down, user is hardly to know which row is which. any solution for this by GGC ?

david

David Cui
Replied On November 17, 2009 02:34 PM

one more questions, say , price = 2.39847 , if new price in 2.39849 , instead of repaint/flash the whole cell, just paint the different digits (in this case, just 9 - which is the last digit) ? thx.

David

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 18, 2009 04:36 AM

Hi David,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

GridGroupingControl has an extremely high performance standard. It can handle very high frequency updates and refresh scenarios. By simply setting few properties, you can have the grid, work with large amounts of data without a performance hit.

You could refer the following page from our online documentation for details:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_74/gridwin/Performance1.html

Also you could refer the samples under the following category :

{Install drive}:\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\syncfusion\essentialstudio\7.4.0.20\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Performance\Engine Optimization Demo\cs
Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

David Cui
Replied On November 23, 2009 12:36 AM

our production is using 4.2
so, any sample for 4.2 for those promising features ?

best,

David

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 23, 2009 05:37 AM

Hi David,

You could refer the sample from the following location:

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.x.x.x\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\PerformanceSamples

Regards,
Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;