We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Height/Width="Auto" causes an exception

I want to use a series of text editors in a stack panel. The effect I'm looking for is as if there were one syntax-highlighting text-editor, but with distinct sections. Each editor should therefore have a height equal to the length of existing text, and should expand as the amount of text increases. Conceptually, this is accomplished by setting the EditControl's height to Auto. However, this causes the following exception:

Layout measurement override of element 'Syncfusion.Windows.Edit.EditPresenter' should not return PositiveInfinity as its DesiredSize, even if Infinity is passed in as available size.

It looks like the edit control is unable to determine what size it needs to show its contents.

4 Replies

PI Poorani Idhaya Bala M.A Syncfusion Team November 11, 2009 06:30 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.We are able to reproduce this issue. We really appreciate you to bringing this issue to our attention.

We have filed a bug report about this issue and the fix for this issue will be available in the future releases.

As a work around ,you can achieve your requirement. Please set the height of the edit control at runtime.

Please find the attached sample for more information.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Poorani

EditCtrl_c9dcbf57.zip

JK Jonathan Kallay December 1, 2009 08:18 PM UTC

Thanks for logging this issue in your defect tracking system. I want to make sure to point out, though, that the solution you proposed is not really a workaround. A workaround in my book is a way to handle a problem without addressing the root cause. My problem here is not the exception that gets thrown; it's that I want to have the edit control take up exactly the amount of space necessary to show its contents. Your example doesn't solve this issue.

PI Poorani Idhaya Bala M.A Syncfusion Team December 7, 2009 09:35 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Sorry for the delaying update. I am working on your requirement. Once i have completed this, i will let you know.

Thanks,
Poorani

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 16, 2010 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this issue. We have fixed this issue in our latest release (8.2.0.18). Kindly upgrade to the latest version to continue using these fixes. The download information about Essential Studio 2010 Volume 2 release has been mentioned in the following forum.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/93921/essential-studio-2010-volume-2-final-release-v82018-available-for-download

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Athaur Rahman GS

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon