We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Network Running problem

I placed all Syncfusion DLL and EXE file of my aplication into shared folder. But I have problem with running my aplication by network users from this shared folder on remote computer.

When I'm running this application locally it works properly.

Is there any way to resolve this problem?

5 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team October 26, 2009 03:29 AM UTC

Hi Arik,

Sorry for the delay.

We have tried to deploy a Windows application along with supported assemblies into the Shared folder and tried running from different network users, we are not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please provide me the following details in order to proceed with this problem more accurately?

1. What is the platform(Windows or WPF or else) you use for your application?
2. What are all the controls you use in that application?
3. Also, provide me the error details if you get while running from network location.

Regards,
Vijay

AK Arseny Khutoriansky October 26, 2009 11:06 AM UTC

1. Windows
2. GGC, RibbonControlAdv, TabbedMDIManager, MessageBoxAdv, ToolStripTabItem, ToolStripEx, ToolStripButton, ToolStripDropDownButton, ToolStripMenuItem, GridPrintDocument, GroupingGridExcelConverterControl.
3. Windows gives an error at startup of myApp and closes it.
This is very similar to the situation when the myApp does not find DLL files in its folder.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team October 27, 2009 04:58 PM UTC

Hi Arik,

Thanks for the details.

Could you please make sure that you made all Syncfusion assemblies references to CopyLocal=True and SpecificVersion=True? If not, please make it as above and recompile the application and deploy it in a Shared folder. If you get an error that the DLL is not found while running an application, then it should be the problem because of above Assembly reference properties.

Please make sure it and let me know if you face still the same issue. But next time, please provide me the stack trace which you get while loading the application. It would help us to trace out the exact issue more accurately.

Regards,
Vijay

AK Arseny Khutoriansky October 29, 2009 07:37 AM UTC

Yes, all Syncfusion assemblies references have CopyLocal=True and SpecificVersion=True.

See attachment with screen of error.

ScreenErrors_4cc30469.rar

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team October 29, 2009 08:22 PM UTC

Hi Arik,

We need to see the install setup in your machine to determine the best strategy for resolving this support issue. We can do this via a web meeting, but we would like to send you the meeting link through a more secure medium than the public forum. Could you therefore please create a support incident in your Direct Trac user account and reference this Forum so that we can follow-up with the meeting information?

If you don’t have a Direct Trac account, please send an email to support@syncfusion.com and we will follow-up.

Regards,
Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon