We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to use "fill effects" in Xlsio

Hello

Could someone please show me how to apply a simple gradient to cell using "fill effects" ether in a quick example or point me to where it is in the documentation?

Thanks Stephen

4 Replies

AP Ashish Pillai Syncfusion Team October 19, 2009 07:02 AM UTC

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You can refer to our documentation in the below link for how to apply a simple gradient to cell using "fill effects".

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_73/xlsio/PatternSettings.html

Please try this and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Ashish Pillai

SS Stephen Sawyer October 27, 2009 12:01 AM UTC

Hello Ashish,

Sorry if I have taken my time to respond. Thank for providing the link but I don’t think this is what I want. By using the metods in the link I can achieve a gradient if I have set IRange.CellStyle.FillPattern = ExcelPattern.Gradient; and I can use the obsolete CellStyle.FillForeground and CellStyle.FillForeground but I can’t seem to control the gradient direction. It is always vertical.

The image in of the dialog in the link is from Excel2003. Excel2007 has a button ‘Fill Effect’s that brings up the dialog with the gradient effects attached that has the features I want to use with Syncfusion.

In the api there is an interface call IFill with methods like TwoColorGradient, GradientStyle which seem to access these features, but I cannot find how IFill is used.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Stephen

FillEffectsDialog_3cbdcd98.rar

AP Ashish Pillai Syncfusion Team October 27, 2009 11:01 AM UTC

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have created a sample based on your requirements. Please find the sample from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=FormatCells_2008_ea52313e.zip&team=development

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Ashish Pillai.

SS Stephen Sawyer October 29, 2009 09:53 PM UTC

Thanks Ashish, This is great!

Stephen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon