We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

90703 Oct 13,2009 03:33 PM Oct 14,2009 06:44 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: PDF
Peter Mitchison
Asked On October 13, 2009 03:33 PM

Hi,

I have been running Syncfusion Essential PDf version 6.4.0 on a Windows 2003 64 bit server for some months without any problems.

Now, however, calls to the HtmlConverter.ConvertToImage() or Convert() functions fail with the message 'Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component'

The program and components are unchanged and still work perfectly on the developement machine (Windows XP). The server has had the usual updates and presumably one of these has caused the problem. The Internet Explorer version is 7.0.5730.13 64 bit.

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Peter Mitchison

Peter Mitchison
Replied On October 14, 2009 05:00 AM

I should have posted this on the Essential PDF ASP.NET forum so I have moved posted it there now.

Peter Mitchison

Sri Subhashini M [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 14, 2009 06:44 AM

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF.

I regret that I was not able to reproduce the issue in our testing environment. This issue may occur due to the usage of interop assemblies which throws this exception in some environment because of the IIS restrictions. Some of the solutions suggested in websites for these kind of exception are :

1) Set full control to ASP .NET permission
2) Restart IIS

Kindly go through the video clip for more information,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/SampleVideo_de297d7b.zip

Basically, the Windows 2003 Server defaults to an internet security configuration which may not allow you to access the URL. You may have to relax or disable the enhanced security configuration to allow access to the pages you want to render. If removing the internet enhanced security configuration component is an option, you can do so from the "Add/Remove Windows Components" section of the "Add or Remove Programs" control panel. The internet enhanced security configuration component should be listed as "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration".

Please try this and let us know if you need any further details.

Regards,
Suba

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;