We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Splitter - Expand / Collapse

Does anyone know of a way of hooking into the collapse / expand event of a splitter pane to instruct the adjacent panes to redraw themselves?

There seems to be an issue with version 7.203.0.37 on Internet Explorer 6.0, whereby the contents of the pane won't redraw properly until the width of the browser window is changed (manually by the user). Obviously this causes a horrible user experience and I would like to get this addressed.

In my particular set-up I have a splitter control in full screen mode with two horizontal panes. The top pane is a fixed height banner page and the bottom pane contains another splitter control with two vertical panes. The right pane is a fixed width aswell and the left pane, finally, contains a further splitter control with two horizontal panes. The splitter bar for these last panes does not allow resize, but can be collapse backwards, so that the bottom pane can be hidden / shown.

Apologies if the diagram below is skewed... copy & paste into notepad if so.

-----------------------
| Banner |
-----------------------
| | R |
| can expand | i |
| | g |
=========v=======| h |
| can collapse | t |
-----------------------

The little v (in the diagram) in the splitter bar allows the user to collapse the bottom pane, however the adjacent pane above does not redraw itself unless the user resizes the width of the browser slightly.

Best regards,

Matt

5 Replies

MD Matthew Dudley October 6, 2009 09:37 AM UTC

Okay, pasting into notepad didn't work - looks like the forum modified the post somewhat.

I've attached the diagram, along with the ASP markup and some screenshots demonstrating the problem: the first screenshot shows how the screen loads, the second how the screen looks after the splitter bar is collapsed, and thirdly how the screen looks when the user adjusts the width of the browser.

Kind regards,

Matt

Syncfusion Splitter Problem_4aade857.zip

KA Kamala Archana Syncfusion Team October 6, 2009 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I worked on the sample code provided by you. I'm unable to reproduce the reported issue in IE6 in the mentioned version and in our latest 7.3.0.20v.

Please refer to the system information provided in the below link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/products/aspnet/tools

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Kamala Archana.K

MD Matthew Dudley October 7, 2009 07:47 AM UTC

I'll attach a test project for you to look at shortly, however in the meantime my original query was whether I could hook into the collapse/expand event of the splitter bar and force the refresh/redraw of a splitter pane?

Many thanks,

Matt

MD Matthew Dudley October 7, 2009 03:50 PM UTC

I've investigated a little further and don't believe posting the solution code will be of any use, as the actual issue relates to the use of an active x control in the main centre frame (or split pane). It will only redraw itself to 100% height of the frame when the browser is resized, however when the splitter bar is collapsed it won't detect a "resize event" and therefore there'll be a big gap directly below.

This is the reason why I need to find out if I can hook into the expand/collapse event and then somehow fire off the event that the syncfusion splitter control calls when it detects a window resizing, in order to get the split pane to "redraw/re-dimension" itself.

Thanks

Matt

KA Kamala Archana Syncfusion Team October 9, 2009 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Matthew,

I regret for the long delay in getting back to you on this.

Our Developers tried to reproduce your issue but we are unable to reproduce it.Please create a Drect-Trac incident (mention the forum link in the subject line) so that we will fix this issue and we update you with the fix.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Kamala Archana.K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon