We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GCC - Grouping

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

89922 Sep 10,2009 08:23 AM Sep 10,2009 08:36 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Gurbhej Dhillon
Asked On September 10, 2009 08:23 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to show empty groups for the GCC. For example I am binding to a dataset in the GCC and grouping by a column which can have the following values - X and Y but the dataset only has a value for X but I want to show a group for Y also. Is there some way to do that?

Thanks,

Gurbhej

Rajadurai C [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 10, 2009 08:36 AM

Hi Gurbhej,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

In gridgroupingcontrol, the groups can be created only if there are records. It is a standard behavior followed in gridgroupingcontrol. The group in grid is created based on cellvalue of respective columns. If there are no records, group cannot get created.

In a grouped table, each group must have atleast one record excluding addnewrecord to maintain its identity. Hence it is not possible to display empty groups.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Rajadurai

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;