We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Evaluation Key

This key licenses Essential Studio version 7.3.0.*

Evaluation Expiry Date - 9/28/2009 00:00:00

How can I compile the project-release using the evaluation license so that worked on another computer?

11 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 10, 2009 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Arik,

Thanks for the details.

The unlock key you have currently has validity till 9/28/2009. Until that time, you can build and ship your applications to other computer. There is no different steps needed for build. But after that, once you are trying to run the applications that are built during the evaluation period, you will get a message that the license has expired - in any machine.

Inorder to avoid that, after completion of your evaluation period, you need to rebuild your application replacing the new unlock key you get on purchase of Essential Studio, in the machine with which you are going to build the application for shipment.

Note:
You no need to follow any additional files or different steps to compile your application during the evaluation period. Everything rests with your unlock key and on purchase of license, you need to rebuild the application with your new key.

Please email to salessupport@syncfusion.com if you have any questions related to purchase of licenses and we will be glad to assist you.

Please let us know if you need more details.

Regards,
Nanda

AK Arseny Khutoriansky September 13, 2009 07:04 AM UTC

Thank you for your reply, Nanda.

But, before we decide on buying a license, I must give to my client exe-file of the project, so that he could appreciate it.
When I compile a exe-file, it works only on my machine. On other machine it gives an error and does not run.

Could you write detailed instructions for creating projects with Evaluation license, which would be executed on any machine within the Evaluation period.

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 15, 2009 04:06 AM UTC

Hi Arik,

Thanks for the update. Please give me some details on the error you are getting. You need to follow the steps mentioned in the below kb while you are shipping your files to the users.

http://syncfusion.com/support/kb/1008/How-do-I-deploy-my-WindowsForms-application-built-using-the-Syncfusion-components

Regards,
Nanda

AK Arseny Khutoriansky September 17, 2009 09:55 PM UTC

Nanda, Hi

1) I followed all the instructions are written in the link you reference. It did not help.
2) When I try to run my application on the user's machine, Windows immediately closes my application and displays a message that you can look in attachment. This is tested on several computer.
3) I tried to compile one of the examples from Essential Studio by following the same instructions that are specified in your link. But it also does not start on the user's machine.

Thanks for your reply

error_30e01f66.rar

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 18, 2009 03:57 AM UTC

Hi Arik,

Thanks for the details. Can you please send me the stack trace of this error you are receiving, which would be helpful for us to check this issue in detail? For that you can make a try catch statement in your application code. I suspect this issue might be because of any missing files related to your application during deployment.

Please let me know the details and so we will be able to help you.

Regards,
Nanda

AK Arseny Khutoriansky September 18, 2009 05:47 AM UTC

Nanda, Hi

The type initializer for 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.RibbonControlAdv' threw an exception.

STACKTRASE:
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.RibbonControlAdv..ctor()
at SDMAdmin.Form1.InitializeComponent() in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SDMAdmin\SDMAdmin\Form1.Designer.cs:line 32
at SDMAdmin.Form1..ctor() in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SDMAdmin\SDMAdmin\Form1.cs:line 62
at SDMAdmin.Program.Main() in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SDMAdmin\SDMAdmin\Program.cs:line 21

the code at Form1.Designer.cs:line 32
this.ribbonControlAdv1 = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.RibbonControlAdv();

At this line I first time initialize the object of Syncfusion.

Thanks for your reply

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 18, 2009 05:59 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to know the following things.

1. Are you trying to compile your application in the target machine? or are you just running your already built exe(in a different machine, shipped to that machine) in the target machine.
If you are compiling your application project in Visual Studio in the second machine, you need to have Syncfusion Essential Studio (atleast Trial version) installed in the machine. Any project that uses Syncfusion assemblies to get built in any machine, will check for unlock key registered in the machine and validate the constructor with the help of Syncfusion.Core.dll.

2. If you are just shipping your application exe, can you check if you have moved the following dlls to the same folder where your application exe has been placed?

Syncfusion.Core.dll - if you are missing this dll, you will get this exception.
Syncfusion.Grid.Base.dll
Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll
Syncfusion.Tools.Base.dll
Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll
Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll
Syncfusion.Shared.Windows.dll

Please refer to the below image on how I am doing this for a sample deployment testing.
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=DeployedApp_24344518.png&team=support

Regards,
Nanda

AK Arseny Khutoriansky September 18, 2009 09:31 AM UTC

Nanda, Hi

1. I compile my program on my machine. On my machine it works fine. But on the user's machine(without installed Syncfusion Studio), it does not work.

2. In the attachment screenshot of the files which I give to the user.

Screen_715e922d.rar

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 18, 2009 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Arik,

Thanks for the details.

In the image you gave me, I was not able to see the Syncfusion.Core.dll being shipped. Can you include that dll also in your shipment and let me know if this works for you.

You can get a copy of the Syncfusion.Core.dll from the following location in the machine in which Syncfusion has been installed.
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\precompiledassemblies\7.3.0.20\2.0 - if you are using 2.0 .NET Framework

or

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\precompiledassemblies\7.3.0.20\3.5 - if you are using 3.5 .NET Framework

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

AK Arseny Khutoriansky September 18, 2009 10:39 AM UTC

Nanda, Thank you very much! It work!

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 18, 2009 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Arik,

Thanks for the update. Glad that you are all set now. Please email to salessupport@syncfusion.com on any questions related to purchasing a license.

We will be glad to assist you. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon