We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Windows 7 Ribbon Look and Feel

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it in a search of the forum. Is there any idea when the Windows 7 Ribbon ( ala MS Paint and Wordpad ) will be implemented? I would like to keep my apps current and it appears that only the round button is available. I didn't see a option to use the Office 2010/ Win7 rectuangular button nor the clear title ribbon panels. I did notice the Office 12 selector styles but I didn't see anything about the new L&F in the roadmap.

Thanks in advance

Shannon

wordpad_4afc1c4d.png

11 Replies

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team September 2, 2009 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Shanon,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

Currently we do not have Window-7 support for our RibbonControlAdv. We have considered and confirmed this requirement as a Feature Request. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a time-frame of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We really appreciate your patience.

We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Bala.

SM Shannon McCoy September 2, 2009 06:59 PM UTC

Thank you for your answer although it was a little unclear. Is the win7 l&f support scheduled for a release currently or is it scheduled to be scheduled? I checked the Road Map and didn't see any mention of it. Would that mean that I should expect 3 months after the October release?

Also are there any plans to make a WPF version of Essential Schedule? Just generally I mean. Its a great addition to have.

Shannon

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team September 3, 2009 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Shannon,

I am sorry, if I was unclear, this feature is yet to be scheduled (i.e.) the reason I have clearly mentioned "We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases". Yes it will be available only after three months that greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity.

Regarding your query on WPF, I have alerted WPF engineer on this, he will update you on this shortly.

Regards,
Bala.

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team September 3, 2009 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Currently the WPF version of Essential Schedule development in progress and we have planned to release our preview version of WPF Schedule at Vol – 4 release. We will update you once we rolled out our Vol – 4 setup.

Thanks for your patience. Please let us know if you have any other concern.

Regards,
Prabu

SM Shannon McCoy September 3, 2009 06:05 PM UTC

Bala thank you for the clarification that helps me time my design. BTW is this the appropriate forum for feature requests? Or should that go through some other channel. For example it would be nice to have vertical split buttons like Office2007 as well as watermarking in the text boxes as well as Office2007 themed border colors. I provided an example from another product in the attachment. I would love to be able to use one library. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Prabu thank you for your response that is great news.

Shannon

Keep up the great work guys and thank you for your responsiveness.

Example_b6702632.rar

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team September 4, 2009 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Shannon,

I will try to respond to each of your question in turn. Please let me know if I have inadvertently missed anything in my response.

1. Support for Vertical split buttons like in Office2007.

Currently we do not have such vertical split buttons in our windows version. But we have the similar button in our WPF library. We have planned to implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases.

2. Textboxes with WaterMarkText support.

In our TextboxExt We do not provide such watermarking text features. We have logged a feature request on this requirement.

Note – This feature is available with our WPF, MaskedTextbox control.

3.Is this the appropriate forum for feature requests?

Yes, You can post almost all your query in our community forums. But in addition to our Community Forums, we have other customized support avenues like our Direct Trac Developer Support System(https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents) and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well.

Thank you for your participation in Syncfusion’s Community Forums

Best,
Bala.

SM Shannon McCoy September 4, 2009 12:40 PM UTC

Thank you Bala. That was very helpful and informative. I would be happy to use DirecTrac I just needed the right direction which you have provided. You did miss one (I could have made the question cleare) and that was extending the Office2007 theme to the borders of the controls like text and combo boxes. For example when the theme changes from blue to black so would the 1 pixel border around the control. Not a huge thing but "an ounce of image is worth a pound of performance"

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team September 7, 2009 05:21 AM UTC

Hi Shannon,

Please find the response for all your queries.

1. Extending the Office2007 theme to the borders of the controls like text and combo boxes

Thanks for updating us clearly on your requirement, currently we are not providing any Office2007 theme support for the TextBoxExt and Comboboxes, we have logged a Feature request on your requirement. This feature would be available along with our Vol-4 release.

2. I would be happy to use DirecTrac I just needed the right direction which you have provided?

I have alerted both our sales and support Manager on this, I hope they will contact you shortly on this and follow up with you on any clarifications with the Direct-Trac.

3. WaterMarkText in a TextBoxExt

On further analysis on your requirement we found that the WaterMark text support for the TextboxExt can be achieved using BannerTextProvider class which provides the ability to show banner text in the textbox.

For setting how to set the BannerTextProvider for our controls, kindly go through the instructions in our online UG

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_73/toolswin/BannerText.html

We have implemented a simple sample to demonstrate how to use a BannerText provider to the TextboxExt, kindly download it from the below location.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.Windows/7.3.0.20/89638/main.htm

You can also refer to our BannerTextprovider sample which is available along with our sample browser. (Editors Package --> Banner Text Provider) which explains both the Focus Mode and Edit Mode for the BannerText provider.

Currently BannerText support is available for the following controls in our Syncfusion windows library.

• TextBoxBarItem (XPMenus),

• ComboBoxBarItem (XPMenus),

• TextBox (ToolStripEx),

• ComboBox (ToolStripEx),

• ComboBoxEx (ToolStripEx)

• TextBoxExt (Editor Control),

• CurrencyTextBox (Editor Control)

• ComboBoxAdv (Editor Control),

• ComboDropDown (Editor Control),

• ComboBoxAutoComplete (Editor Control) and

• Integer TextBox (Editor Control)

• Double TextBox (Editor Control)

• Percent TextBox (Editor Control)

• Other Microsoft Editor Controls

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Best,
Bala.

DC Dmitry Ciornii November 19, 2010 05:19 PM UTC

Hi all.
I want to ask whether there are some news about providing Office 2010 look and feel in Syncfusion Essential Suite (Office 2010 Ribbon, Back Stage panel, etc.). It is implemented recently in Silverlight edition, so maybe it is in progress for WinForms?

DC Dmitry Ciornii November 29, 2010 10:02 AM UTC

Hi all.
Essential Studio 8.4.0.10 WPF edition now supports Office 2010 UI. Will this feature be supported in WinForms edition? I will also appreciate very much if it is a very copy of Office 2010 UI. Thanks.

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team December 1, 2010 07:35 PM UTC

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Currently we are in progress with the Ribbon control style in the form of Office 2010. We will update you once this feature has been implemented.

Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,
Jeraldes

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon