We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

All cells become Protected After saved

Hi

I had a password protected excel with some region being protected.

When I open and save this excel, all the cells become protected!

Please assist.

Thanks

5 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team August 24, 2009 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Liow,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I was able to see the problem. This is the default behavior of MS Excel. By default, every cell is set to be "Locked". When you protect a worksheet, those cell marked not to lock (UnCheck the Lock checkbox) alone let user to edit and all others will be protected.

If this is not you intend to say, could you please send the input spreadsheet along with the expected output?

Regards,
Geetha

LY Liow Yeow Chong August 28, 2009 09:02 AM UTC

Hi

Let me explain in details. I had 1 spreadsheet with cell at C5 protected only. I use the function to insert data to cell A1 and saved. When I open the file again, all the cells become protected which is not correct. Only cell C5 should be protected.

I tried using microsoft xls com object and it did not have this issue.

Please advise

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 1, 2009 04:51 AM UTC

Hi Liow,

Thank you for the details.

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the problem.

I marked A1:E7 as not protected except C5. I opened the document using XlsIO, modified data at A1 and saved. The generated document preserved the protection correctly. I have placed the sample in the link below:

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/XlsIO.Web/7.3.0.20/F89345/main.htm

Could you please try running the sample and send me the modified one so that I could recreate and find the cause of the same?

Regards,
Geetha

LY Liow Yeow Chong September 2, 2009 04:15 AM UTC

Hi Geetha

Thanks for the sample.

If I run your sample with my xls. The problem still existed. I attached the xls for your test.

From the Xls .. Column G onward are all protected.

Thanks

test_8503483b.xls

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 2, 2009 08:41 AM UTC

Hi Liow,

Thank you for the details.

I was able to reproduce the problem. This is suspected to be a defect and it has been forwarded to our development team for more analysis. Could you please create a new direct trac incident which would help to facilitate tracking the progress of the fix and resolution?

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon