We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How to manage place on ribbon ?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

89189 Aug 19,2009 11:41 AM Aug 20,2009 06:30 AM WPF 3
Tags: GridControl
Nazim YENIER
Asked On August 19, 2009 11:41 AM

Hi,
I am completely unable to manage place for controls that I'm placing inside syncfusion:RibbonBar and syncfusion:ButtonPanel.

Let's say I have a textblock and four buttons inside a syncfusion:ButtonPanel. What to do so that the textblock be on the first line, the first two buttons be on the second line and the other two buttons on the third line inside the ButtonPanel ?

Like this:
|___________|

Same question for syncfusion:RibbonBar.

It seems to me there is no property anywhere to handle this. Sometimes all the buttons are alined. Sometimes they go on two lines. Sometimes they are out ouf the scope of the ButtonPanel/RibbonBar and the user can't acces them.

Thanks

Nazim YENIER

Nazim YENIER
Replied On August 19, 2009 11:42 AM

My drawing is not great. I hope I could explain myself.

Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 19, 2009 12:24 PM

Hey Nazim,

Thanks for the details. It would be good if you post the Tools WPF related questions in the below link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/tools-wpf

That way you would get a faster and prompt response. For now, I will have the Tools team alerted over your question.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

C. Sudha [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 20, 2009 06:30 AM

Hi Nazim,

As per the MicrosoftOffice2007 guideline, RibbonItems should get arranged based on available space in RibbonBar. This is indented behavior of RibbonBar layout. However, you could achieve your requirement by setting margin property for ButtonPanel explicitly.

For Instance,

In XAML:

TextBlock

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Note:

It would be good if you post the Tools WPF related questions in the below link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/tools-wpf

Regards,
SudhaC.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;