We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

syncfusion:GridControl causes an exception with XamlWriter.Save() !

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

89094 Aug 18,2009 08:19 AM UTC Aug 20,2009 06:57 AM UTC WPF 3
Tags: GridControl
Nazim YENIER
Asked On August 18, 2009 08:19 AM UTC

Hi,
I have a canvas with several 'syncfusion:GridControl's on it.
During execution time I modify several appearance properties of my 'GridControl's like background color, font family, font size,font color, covered cells ...

At any time I need to be able to get the XAML code of my canvas in order to save it in a file.

XamlWriter.Save() generates an exception when called with a syncfusion:GridControl as its argument :

Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridControl mySyncfusionGrid;
string XAMLCode = XamlWriter.Save(mySyncfusionGrid);

These lines generate a TargetInvocationException:

L'accesseur de propriété 'VScroll' sur l'objet 'Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridControl' a levé l'exception suivante :'La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.'

What is the reason for this ?
How can I sget the XAML code for my GridControl objet at execution time ?

Nazim YENIER

Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 19, 2009 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Nazim,

Thanks for the details. We are currently not supporting XamlWriter.Save() serialization with the Grid. In future versions, we would be adding support for XML serialization, and along with that include support for XamlWriter too.

Please create a dtrac incident to receive any other updates on this. Let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

Nazim YENIER
Replied On August 19, 2009 12:53 PM UTC

Thank you for your response Fahad.
I'm a bit deceived that XAMLWriter doesn't work for Essential Grid.

Is there any other simple way to get the XAML code for Essential Grid or do I have to write my own "C# Object to XAML converter" for this purpose ?

Nazim

Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 20, 2009 06:57 AM UTC

Hi Nazim,

Yes, for now, you would have to write your own object serializer to handle it out.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;