We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Using multiple value Stripline or similar

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

88633 Aug 4,2009 02:34 PM UTC Aug 11,2009 09:58 AM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 3
Tags: Chart
Santiago Dávila Benavides
Asked On August 4, 2009 02:34 PM UTC

Hey there,

We need to plot some limits in a line or spline chart. For that purpose we can use the stripline chart type, but most of the times we have more than one value during the chart Y axis so a straight line is not enough. It would be great to plot those limits like a multiple value stripline, so we can combine that with other 3D series.

I would like to know if it´s possible to do so, since I´ ve using a normal series for that and it gets really hard to read. Any other suggestion would be nice too.

Thanks

Santiago

Venkata Vijayaraj B [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 6, 2009 07:12 AM UTC

Hi Santiago,

We regret for this delayed response.

Please clarify some details in your query.

1. You are mentioned that 'we used StripLine ChartType' but we do not have such chart type. Did you mean 'Bar Chart Type' or 'Column ChartType'?

2. Please provide us any screenshot if possible and also mention your requirement with clear details. It will be more helpful for us to provide you the solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Venkat.

Santiago Dávila Benavides
Replied On August 10, 2009 04:05 PM UTC

The idea is that I would like to use a stripline to show some limits, but these limits are not constant for all the X axis on the chart. I am using a line chart, and when I deal with a unique value for my limits series ("cen" in the example) I use the stripline series type, but when I get more than one value, like in the example I have to change the series do stepline.
So, the ideal scenario for my is to use striplines, that can have different values trough the X axis, that way this information can stay in the background as a 2D information, that s even more useful when I change to a 3D chart.

Thanks in advance

Santiago

example chart_9bcde06.JPG

Venkata Vijayaraj B [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 11, 2009 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Santiago,

Your first requirement is to use stripline as limit indication line in your chart. When you are forced to use

more than one limit representing line, You are unable to use the stripline, because it is not possible to

control the height [length] of the stripline. This is why you are using stepline chart to represent the

limits in this scenerio.

Your another requirement is the limit representing line should be in 2D even Chart is in 3D mode.

I have created a sample for this and attached in the below link.

Sample Link:
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Chart.Web/v7.3.0.20/F88633_Sample/main.htm

I have used ' ChartWebControl1.ChartAreaPaint' event to meet the requirement. It is possible to draw the

custom drawing in the chartarea by using this event.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Venkat.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;