We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Displaying data labels on chart

Hello,

I have following question. I display data on the pie chart in Excel. I would like to code displaying data labels on the chart in the way which can be done manually by clicking with right mouse key on chart, then choosing "Chart Options..." | Data labels and checking "Category name". I'm looking for any related property of IChartShape or IChartSerie and cannot find it there... Please help.

thx,
Tom

5 Replies

MS Manimala S Syncfusion Team July 13, 2009 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I am afraid that I was not able to understand your requirement. Could you please explain me in detail what exactly the requirement is, so that I can work on your requirement and give you the solution as earlier as possible.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Manimala.

T( Tomasz (Tomek)Borucki July 13, 2009 09:35 PM UTC

Hello,
I would like basically display Category names as data labels on the Pie chart. Manually it can be done very easily - as described in my previous post. How to do it programatically? My C# application uses Syncfusion to generate chart on Excell sheet, however it doesn't show labels near the data. Showing this labels can be done easily manually, but no idea how to automate it.

Hopefully that clarification was clear. If not, I can send some screenshots.

thx,
Tom

VN Vijesh Narayanan Syncfusion Team July 15, 2009 01:10 PM UTC

Hi Tom,

Thank you for using Essential XLSIO.

With regards to your query, I have developed a sample application which displays category names as data labels on the pie chart.

Please follow the link below and let us know if you have any further questions.

http://files.syncfusion.com/samples/F86792/Embedded Chart.zip

Regards,
Vijesh

VN Vijesh Narayanan Syncfusion Team July 15, 2009 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the broken link, please follow the link below.

http://files.syncfusion.com/samples/F86792/Embedded%20Chart.zip

Regards,
Vijesh

T( Tomasz (Tomek)Borucki July 27, 2009 02:38 PM UTC

Hi Vijesh,
that's what I needed. Thanks a lot for help.

best regards,
Tom

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon