We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BarItem.DataBindings property is null?

Hi,

I want to databind the "Enabled" property of my bar items.

Unfortunately, BarItem.DataBindings property is null (after form creation, in the form's OnLoad event).

So, how do I use data binding with BarItem?

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 1, 2009 06:43 AM UTC

Hi Julien,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

DataBindings property of BarItem is not working properly and this issue is suspected to be a defect. We have forwarded this to our Development Team for further analysis and will update you with our Development Team’s response in two business days.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 3, 2009 10:25 AM UTC

Hi Julien,

Thanks for your patience.

The issue 'DataBindings property of BarItem is not working' has been confirmed as a defect and has been logged as a defect report. The fix for this issue will be available on 'June 24th'.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 24, 2009 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Julien,

Thanks for your patience.

The fix for this issue is postponed to 'July 15th'.

Please let me know if any concern.

Regards,
Jaya

JC Julien Chevalley August 3, 2009 06:55 AM UTC

Any news on this?

Was this issue fixed in v7.3.0.20? If not, when will it be fixed?

Your last update indicated this would be fixed by July 15th.

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 6, 2009 07:05 PM UTC

Hi,

I regret for the inconvenience in the delay in getting back to you on this issue.

On further analysis, the BarItem's DataBinding property is refrenced to the DataBindings property of the Form that is containing this BarItem. So, when you affect this with the properties, this will affect the Form's properties by design. I regret for the inconvenience with the incomplete documentation and this has been fixed for the upcoming weekly development build.

Change:
The documentation for this has been changed from 'Lets you data-bind certain properties of the BarItem.' to 'Lets you data-bind certain properties of the Form containing the MainFrameBarManager of this BarItem.'.

Regards,
Nanda

JC Julien Chevalley August 12, 2009 07:19 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Does this mean that there is no way to bind BarItem.Enabled to a datasource?

This seems like a really bad and unnecessary limitation.

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 24, 2009 04:21 AM UTC

Hi Julien,

I regret for the inconvenience. We have filed a feature request on the same and we will fix this in the upcoming versions.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon