We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dock Window Drag feature

Hi,

I've got two requirements,

1. I need to Hide the header of the Dock window while in docked mode and still permit the drag feature to work.

2. But while dragging the header should be shown.

How can i achieve this?

Regards,
Aishwaria

3 Replies

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team May 25, 2009 03:03 PM UTC

Hi Aishwarya,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

Basically we have implemented our Docking Manager control similar to the Dock windows in VS2008 IDE, there you can very well note that the Dock windows are dragged and docked using the header only. In Similar fashion our Docking Manager control behaves.

To make the header of the Docking Control in collapsed state kindly achieve it using the DockHeaderStyle property of the Docking Manager control. It is not possible to drag the dock windows with out any header for the window and it is a valid behavior as per our implementation.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Bala.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2009 05:18 PM UTC

Hi,

I was in need of that solution, because i was trying to implement a outlook 2007 style menu bar and toolbar. In this case, i need the dock window header to be in collapsed state when it is docked and while trying to drag the control i need the header to be visible. As u have specified in the previous post, while dragging alone the header should become visible(that is as you specified, the dragging happens by means of header). Only in the float mode and while dragging the dock window header should be visible. May i know if there is any work around to perform the outlook 2007 kind of menu and toolbar docking using syncfusion docking mananger?

Regards,
Aishwaria

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team May 26, 2009 04:11 PM UTC

Hi Aishwarya,

Thank you for your inquiry ! We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We have noticed you've submitted a number of specific technical inquiries here in the Forums which seem to indicate you are a current customer rather than an evaluator or tester. If so, you might like to know that you have an existing personal Direct-Trac account available using your own email address,and we highly recommend using your personal account. You'll get a faster response along with an automatic update when your question is answered via Direct Trac, and you can login and view your incident history 24x7. Simply visit

https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx

to login. If you have any further questions, we hope you will take advantage of your existing account and available services as a license holder.

Regards,
Bala.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon