We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Antialiasing problem

Dear All,

I have the following very strange effect under Windows XP( and Vista):
1. The Windows setting "Display properties/Appearance/Effects/Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts" is switched on and set to "ClearType".
2. I start my application with GridControls in it. The other controls have smooth fonts but the GridControls have not.
3. I switch of the Windows setting and after then I switch on again. My application has now the correct smooth fonts.

My grid is derived from Syncfusion GridControl. If I comment out the changed properties of my control, I have the same result. No ownerdraw methods are implemented.

Have you any idea, what can cause this very strange effect? I would need, that the Syncfusion grids in my application have immediately after the start smooth fonts, not only after a switch off and switch on the appropriate windows setting.

Thanks in advance for the answers!
András

4 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team May 26, 2009 08:29 AM UTC

Hi Andras,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

It seems you have posted an incident with id #56287 in Direct Trac with same issue. Please follow-up with it(Incident:#56287).

Regards,
Rajadurai

GI Giuseppe Iacono replied to Rajadurai C March 22, 2016 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Andras,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

It seems you have posted an incident with id #56287 in Direct Trac with same issue. Please follow-up with it(Incident:#56287).

Regards,
Rajadurai

I have the same problem.
Any suggestions?

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team March 23, 2016 02:49 PM UTC

Hi Giuseppe,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please follow-up with the #incident-154117 in Direct Trac.

Regards,

Piruthiviraj

AS Amresh S Syncfusion Team March 25, 2016 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Giuseppe,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query and we were not able to reproduce the issue. We have created a simple sample of your reported query with the

ClearType text mode and the usual grid appearance exists in both the scenario (i.e.) while loading at the first and then loading in the next consecutive form.

Could you please reproduce the issue in that sample, it would be much helpful for us to provide you the exact solution at the earliest.

Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/154117/ze/VB1596895528

Regards,
Amresh S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon