We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom summary in group header

Hi guys,

I want to add custom values to the summary fields of group headers. How can I do that? I guess I need to use a custom summary, but I don't know what kind of formatting string I need to use (I couldn't find any documentation about it).

Thanks for any help,
Peter

3 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team April 1, 2009 06:24 AM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Please refer the online sample below which illustrates caption row summary calculated over all the records within a group and displayed in the caption cells.

http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.1.0.30/Web/grid.grouping.web/samples/3.5/Summary/SummaryInCaption/cs/summaryincaption.aspx

Please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

PK Peter Kovacs April 1, 2009 09:39 AM UTC

Hi,

I know this example, but my question was: How can I fill the summary fields with CUSTOM values?
The GridSummaryColumnDescriptor class has a SummaryType attribute which can take SummaryType.Custom value, but I couldn't find any documentation about how to define and use custom summary.

Thanks,
Peter

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team April 2, 2009 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

Could you please create a DirectTrac Incident using your DT account for further support?
Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon