We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GroupBar customization

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

80124 Mar 16,2009 06:13 AM Mar 19,2009 06:15 AM WPF 9
Tags: Tools
Sina Andrzejewski
Asked On March 16, 2009 06:13 AM

Hello!

I was wondering if there is an easy way to customize the GroupBar when it is in StackMode.
The footer where the user can select which buttons shall be visible is not nessecary in our application. How can I remove it or at least remove the button opening the context menu?
Then there is the text "Navigation Pane" when the GroupBar is collapsed. How can I remove or change this text?
Now when the user selects a GruopBarItem when the GroupBar is selected he also has to click into the navigation pane area to see a "flyout" with the items in it. Is there a way to define a template for this flyout and to show it not when the user clicks in the navigation pane area but when he clicks on the minimized GroupBarItem?

Thanks in advance!

Sina Andrzejewski
Replied On March 16, 2009 06:35 AM

Oh and another question. I can not set the command! But I need commands! How do I add command to items in the GroupBar?

Prabhu P [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 16, 2009 10:15 AM

Hi Sina,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

• Yes, It is possible to customize the GruopBar in StackMode. The bottom area of the Groupbar is referred as StackItemHost, its visibility can be adjusted using the StackItemHostVisibility property. Using this property you can easily achieve your requirements. Please use below given code snippet to collapse the stack item host. This property has been included recently in our latest source which will be available in our upcoming development build. If you need our custom assembly urgently, please create a separate Direct-Trac incident [https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx] about this with assembly request.

• Typical behavior of our GroupBar Control is similar to the groupbar which is available in the Outlook, changing or removing the “Navigation Pane” text is not possible.

• Currently we don’t have an option to write the template for “flyout” popup window. We will be consider it as a feature request and I will ask development team to implement this feature.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Prabu

>Hello!

I was wondering if there is an easy way to customize the GroupBar when it is in StackMode.
The footer where the user can select which buttons shall be visible is not nessecary in our application. How can I remove it or at least remove the button opening the context menu?
Then there is the text "Navigation Pane" when the GroupBar is collapsed. How can I remove or change this text?
Now when the user selects a GruopBarItem when the GroupBar is selected he also has to click into the navigation pane area to see a "flyout" with the items in it. Is there a way to define a template for this flyout and to show it not when the user clicks in the navigation pane area but when he clicks on the minimized GroupBarItem?

Thanks in advance!

Sina Andrzejewski
Replied On March 16, 2009 10:45 AM

Thank you for your Response.

I think it should be possible to change this text somehow! I am developping a german Application and there shoul be a way to translate this text somehow or to remove it at all!

What about commands on GroupViewItems? We are working with commands and I haven't found a way to use them with GroupVIewItems.

Prabhu P [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 17, 2009 06:10 AM

Hi Sina,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Currently we do not have support to change or Remove the “Navigation Pane” text. I have forwarded this to our development to team to add a new property for changing this text. This feature will be available in our Vol – II release.

About command, please use the following code snippet for adding and invoking commands to the groupbar items.

void Window1_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
groupBarItem1.CommandBindings.Add(new CommandBinding(ApplicationCommands.Save, execute, canexecute));
}

void execute(object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
{
// TODO : commands about save
MessageBox.Show("Save");
}

void canexecute(object sender, CanExecuteRoutedEventArgs e)
{
e.CanExecute = true;
}

Please let us know if any other concerns.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Prabu

>Thank you for your Response.

I think it should be possible to change this text somehow! I am developping a german Application and there shoul be a way to translate this text somehow or to remove it at all!

What about commands on GroupViewItems? We are working with commands and I haven't found a way to use them with GroupVIewItems.

Sina Andrzejewski
Replied On March 17, 2009 07:20 AM

Hi!

Thank you for asking the development team to make this text configurable.

I will try doing the commands like you showed.

Sina Andrzejewski
Replied On March 17, 2009 07:45 AM

I noticed that it is possible to put not only groupviewitems into a group bar, but also buttons. So I made a ListBox that contains a button as template, because I thought I could use my Commands like I used them without the syncfusion controls:

Prabhu P [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 18, 2009 02:40 AM

Hi Sina,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience cause.

Hope the command which you given should work. I am not sure about the problem happen in your sample application. Could you please send us your sample? We will try to resolve the problem. Let me know if you have any quires.

Regards,
Prabu

Sina Andrzejewski
Replied On March 18, 2009 03:03 AM

Hi!

Could fix the problem with my sample by using your described way with the commands.

Thank you!
Sina

Prabhu P [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 19, 2009 06:15 AM

Hi Sina,

Please let us know whether you have resolved your problem in your sample or not. If not, please send us your sample. So that we can check your sample and give the solution.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Prabu

>Hi!

Could fix the problem with my sample by using your described way with the commands.

Thank you!
Sina

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;