We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Change keyboard/text caret behavior in DateTimeEdit control

Hi,

For date fields I currently use DateTimeEdit control in my project to to take advantage of it's date values validations.

However I would like to do is change its keyboard and text caret behavior to a behavior of a textbox. That means that up/down keys should be ignored, selection should be enabled (including the mouse), clearing the textbox should be enabled.

If I use masked text box, I loose date value validation functionality. Is there any way to make the caret/keyboard of DateTimeEdit behave like a caret/keyboard of a textbox?

Thanks,
Dmitry

1 Reply

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team February 16, 2009 03:45 PM UTC

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

Currently it is not possible to change the selection logic as per your requirement. We will add this to our feature database and our developers will add it to our controls at the appropriate time depending our system design and code compatibility requirements. We appreciate your patience.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Bala.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon