We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Layout hierarchical data

Hi, Syncfusion team

Happy New Year!!!

My question is the following: I need to display hierarchical data but the task is a bit complicated then in your demo with employees. Actually nodes have many-to many relations. Let consider the example:
Assume we have 10 nodes numbered from 1 to 10. Node 1, 2, 9 - the most top in hierarchy, which means that these nodes are not referenced by other nodes. Well nodes 3,4 are referred to the node 1 as well as 2. Moreover nodes 5,7,10 are referred to the node 2 to, so that node 2 has sub-nodes 3,4,5,7 and 10. Finally, nodes 6,8 are referred to the node 9 as well as nodes 4,7, so that node 9 has sub-nodes 6,8,4 and 7. Now we have a tree like the following:
1 2 9
|\ / / | \ \ / /\ \
3 4 3 4 5 7 10 6 8 4 7

Will it be possible to accomplish the requirements through the DirectedTreeLayout manager? Will the tree look like the mentioned above? If it is possible, is it enough to add nodes to the diagram and specify the connections between them, so that all layout work will be performed through the desired LayoutManager? The main point is that I have predefined estimate and I can not start the implementation of the feature while I'm not sure that this is possible and how much effort it requires as well how much it may cost for my customer. Would you be so kind to provide me with a sample or tutorial or whatever else to help me understand how to accomplish the feature (I have already investigated the demo with employees tree, but my requirements more complex and I need more advanced example)?

Thanks a lot,
Elis

2 Replies

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team January 2, 2009 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Elis,

I see that this same issue was posted in the Forum id 78790.

I have updated the forum id 78790, and thus I request you to use forum id 78790 for further follow up in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajeet

PI Piotr February 22, 2012 10:16 PM UTC

The link for sample is not avaiable any more. Please allow me to download this sample. I'm very interested in buing your ASP.NET Diagram Control.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon