We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems in Grouping + ContextMenu integration

I have a Grid wherein i am grouping the records using 6 fields i also have a ContextMenu which moves a row to another grid. (Refer Attachment)

Everything works fine if i group using 4 fields the moment i group using 5 or fields i get the error on menu click or column rearrange as shown below (refer attacment).

"Multiple controls with the same ID 'GridGroupingControl1_R0_td_DeviceModelType' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs. "

How many levels of grouping is possible in the gridGrouping control?

VIEW1_b7ea32b0.zip

3 Replies

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team November 1, 2008 02:09 AM UTC

Hi Subbu,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Can you please check if this issue reproduces with the latest version too. You can check the following link for downloading the latest version,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

If the problems still persists, please create a new DTrac incident for further follow up.

Thanks,
Fahad
ASP.NET Grid Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

JH James Hargis November 13, 2008 04:39 PM UTC

I've had the same error and have been looking for a solution. Any ideas?

>I have a Grid wherein i am grouping the records using 6 fields i also have a ContextMenu which moves a row to another grid. (Refer Attachment)

Everything works fine if i group using 4 fields the moment i group using 5 or fields i get the error on menu click or column rearrange as shown below (refer attacment).

"Multiple controls with the same ID 'GridGroupingControl1_R0_td_DeviceModelType' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs. "

How many levels of grouping is possible in the gridGrouping control?

VIEW1_b7ea32b0.zip

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team November 14, 2008 06:44 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue, which is mentioned here. There is no certain limitation for grouping the fields. We can have grouping any number of fields. Please refer the following steps that I tried to reproduce the issue:

1. Created a sample with GridGroupingControl, binded with NWIND database.
2. Have context menu, which moves a row to another grid.
3. Tried Grouping fields ( more than 5).
4. Rearrange the columns.
5. Moved a row to another grid using context menu, but it doesn’t throw any exception.

Please refer the video clip from the below link, which illustrates this:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/group2020704673.zip

Please refer the sample from the below link, which I used to test this issue:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.4.0.15/Grid_Web_GroupingLevel/main.htm

Please have a look at the above and try like this, if still the issue exists, could you please reproduce it with the above sample, and send back to us? So that we could find out the real cause of the issue, and provide you a better solution .

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon