We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DataBinding and moving columns support for WPF Grid

Hello,

I need to bind to an itemsource and ability to move columns in the WPF Grid. Is it possible to achieve this in latest Vol 4 WPF Grid release

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2008 05:35 PM UTC

The volume 4 release does not include support for databinding or a UI for dragging columns.

We are still working on the infrastructure of the cell oriented grid, but do plan on adding simple databinding to flat data sources shortly (in the next month or so).

AK Anne Kim January 14, 2009 10:47 PM UTC

Was databinding ever added to the WPF Grid? I just installed the latest version at the beginning of the year and can't find any documentation on databinding.

Thanks a lot!
Anne

>The volume 4 release does not include support for databinding or a UI for dragging columns.

We are still working on the infrastructure of the cell oriented grid, but do plan on adding simple databinding to flat data sources shortly (in the next month or so).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2009 10:51 PM UTC

No, direct databinding support did not make it into the just released Vol 1 2009 release as we had hoped.

We are now shooting for the February refresh of this release.

AK Anne Kim January 15, 2009 10:58 PM UTC

Thanks for your quick response! Do you think you could e-mail me when the release is ready to download?

Thanks a lot!
Anne

>No, direct databinding support did not make it into the just released Vol 1 2009 release as we had hoped.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 15, 2009 11:09 PM UTC

Yes, we will send you an email when the release with DataBinding is available.

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team March 3, 2009 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Anne,

We have the Databinding support implemented now, it is named as GridDataControl. It is a preview release, and we would be adding more features by the end of Vol 2. For more information please check the below link,
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=79876

You can check out the GridDataControl sample from the latest refresh release setup. Please let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

>Thanks for your quick response! Do you think you could e-mail me when the release is ready to download?

Thanks a lot!
Anne

>No, direct databinding support did not make it into the just released Vol 1 2009 release as we had hoped.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon