We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

DataBinding and moving columns support for WPF Grid

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

77182 Oct 17,2008 01:29 PM Mar 3,2009 09:24 AM WPF 6
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On October 17, 2008 01:29 PM

Hello,

I need to bind to an itemsource and ability to move columns in the WPF Grid. Is it possible to achieve this in latest Vol 4 WPF Grid release

Replied On October 17, 2008 01:35 PM

The volume 4 release does not include support for databinding or a UI for dragging columns.

We are still working on the infrastructure of the cell oriented grid, but do plan on adding simple databinding to flat data sources shortly (in the next month or so).

Anne Kim
Replied On January 14, 2009 05:47 PM

Was databinding ever added to the WPF Grid? I just installed the latest version at the beginning of the year and can't find any documentation on databinding.

Thanks a lot!
Anne

>The volume 4 release does not include support for databinding or a UI for dragging columns.

We are still working on the infrastructure of the cell oriented grid, but do plan on adding simple databinding to flat data sources shortly (in the next month or so).

Replied On January 14, 2009 05:51 PM

No, direct databinding support did not make it into the just released Vol 1 2009 release as we had hoped.

We are now shooting for the February refresh of this release.

Anne Kim
Replied On January 15, 2009 05:58 PM

Thanks for your quick response! Do you think you could e-mail me when the release is ready to download?

Thanks a lot!
Anne

>No, direct databinding support did not make it into the just released Vol 1 2009 release as we had hoped.

Replied On January 15, 2009 06:09 PM

Yes, we will send you an email when the release with DataBinding is available.

Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 3, 2009 09:24 AM

Hi Anne,

We have the Databinding support implemented now, it is named as GridDataControl. It is a preview release, and we would be adding more features by the end of Vol 2. For more information please check the below link,
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=79876

You can check out the GridDataControl sample from the latest refresh release setup. Please let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

>Thanks for your quick response! Do you think you could e-mail me when the release is ready to download?

Thanks a lot!
Anne

>No, direct databinding support did not make it into the just released Vol 1 2009 release as we had hoped.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;