We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Windows Ribbon Control is not displaying properly when made Visible=False

Has anyone solved this problem on 6.3.1.8 ?

Steps how to create it;

Take Solution RibbonControlAdv_2005
add following line to end of constructor Form1()
this.toolStripEx16.Visible = false;

Now run the code what you will see is that the panels after the panel that was made invisible have not moved over to the left properly.

Regards

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2008 07:38 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

When setting ToolStripEx16.Visible to false, ToolStripEx16 will not visible and not moved to left of RibbonControl as in the attached screenshot.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F77064/SampleImage.zip

Please let me know if I misunderstood this.

Regards,
Jaya

NB Naresh Bangia October 23, 2008 07:38 PM UTC

Yes, the image you showed is correct, what should have happened was everything to the right of the control that we made visble=false, should have moved to the left.

Do you know when this can be fixed ?

I have an application where based on the user I hide certain Menu Items/Buttons.

Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 24, 2008 04:58 AM UTC

Hi Bangia,

Thanks for the update.

Move RibbonControlAdv to left when one of the ToolStripEx is hidden.

Our developers working on this support with high priority and will update you once this feature is available by today.

Please let me know if any concern.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 24, 2008 09:40 AM UTC

Hi Bangia,

Move RibbonControlAdv to left when one of the ToolStripEx is hidden.

I am glad to inform you that this feature is implemented and it will be included in the next weekly development build. Please let me know if you require dlls for this feature and also update me the Essential Studio version you are using.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 24, 2008 03:55 PM UTC

Hi Bangia,

We have fixed this issue and prepared custom assemblies including this fix in the same version you are using (6.3.1.8).

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/SyncfusionToolsWindows.zip

Here are the steps to use the assemblies:

1. Unzip the attachment and copy-paste the assembly to Public assemblies folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies)
2. Remove the assembly (Tools.Windows from GAC (C:\Windows\Assembly) and drag and drop this new assembly to GAC.
3. Now compile your application and run it. Please check whether the assemblies are picked up from public assemblies folder.

Let me know if you have any difficulties in this.

Best Regards,
Kathir

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 26, 2008 10:04 PM UTC

Currently we are using version 6.403.0.15. It is OK when we compile our application with the new fix which is version 6.303.1.8 but it cannot be run.

Here is the error message I got:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=6.303.1.8 .... "

Do you have the fix for version 6.403.0.15?

Best Regards,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 8, 2008 07:35 AM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Add support to move RibbonControlAdv to left when one of the ToolStripEx is hidden.

We are glad to inform you that this feature has been implemented and this feature is available in the Development build v7.1.0.5 which you can refer to the below location for download.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is current,you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account
in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

Please let me know if you require patch for this feature in 6.4.0.15 version.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 8, 2008 09:51 AM UTC

Hi,

Please create DirectTrac incident with Forum ID as subject line for avail the patch.

Please let me know if any concern.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon