The EDD files or for that matter any resource file can not be included in the ClickOnce application by making them "Embedded Resource".
The reason is simple as the ClickOnce application are more specifically designed for systems requiring all items to be included in one single package and thus, when we don't make any resource as "Content" and set the application files to "Include" and "Required" tag for the resource file added (*.EDD file, in this case); we see an error saying the "file was not found in :\.EDD".
The proper way of doing this would be to make them as "Content" type. You can do so, as follows:
1. Add the *.EDD file to the project by copy and paste
2. Now right click the *.EDD file and click properties
3. Under the head "Build" (probably the first item in the list of properties; select "Content" instead of default value "None"
4. Now, your resource(*.EDD file) is ready to be included in the ClickOnce Apllication
To make your application as ClickOnce, do as follows:
1. Right Click your project in the solution explorer
2. In the window/tab, select "Publish" option
3. Now, Select the FTP/HTTP or your website address where you wish to publish
4. Now, click on the Application Files and you should see the (*.EDD file resource) that you added to the project and set to "Content" type
5. Select the *.EDD file in the list and set it to as "Include" and in the next field set it as "Required"
6. Click Ok/Apply
7. You can now publish the project and you should see the *.EDD file to load correctly
A video file showing that the *.EDD file loads up perfectly in the ClickOnce application is attached herewith.
To extract the contents of the .7z file use the free download 7ZIP here at: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html.
I am confident that this will resolve this query. however update me if you need any further clarifications in this regard, Thanks!