We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Excel crash when moving or removing sheets

Hello,

I read in the release notes that the bug concerning Excel 2007 crash after moving a sheet has been fixed. I have the same problem with Excel 2002 SP3. (I use Xlsio 4.301.0.30 and VS2003). Any information concerning this problem? Is it fixed too?

I encountered another problem, with Excel 2002 SP3 and Excel 2003 SP3. When I remove a sheet by using something like Workbook.Worksheets.Remove(3); sometimes Excel crashes after a few minutes. Is this a known problem? If yes, was it fixed in a recent version?

Best regards

3 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 30, 2008 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Julien,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Crash after moving a sheet in Excel 2002 SP3 & Exception after removing the sheet:

I was not able to reproduce the above issues either in 4.3.0.30 or in our latest release. Could you please send me your Excel file so that I can check and update you?

Regards,
Geetha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 13, 2008 01:39 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the wait, I'm very busy.
I've tried to reproduce the bug in a test application with the same xls and no error occurred. The context was not exactly the same:

- The application that makes Excel crash is a web application. Lot of sheets are filled, there are merged cells, formulas, locks...

- My test application is a Window application that only duplicates sheets.

So, in my test application I'll try to use the same functions I use in the web application in order to reproduce the bug. I'll give you a feedback.

Thanks.

Bests regards

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team October 14, 2008 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Julien,

Thank you for the update.

I will wait for your feedback.

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon