We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Nested tables Collapsed view

Hi,

I have a requirement to show the summary row of child table below each parent record in collapsed mode.
Is there any way to achieve this ?

Thanks in Advance..

5 Replies

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team September 1, 2008 04:40 AM UTC

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Here is the minimal sample which implements this task.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/grid.windows/F76294/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Srirajan.

AT Ankit Thakkar September 2, 2008 10:47 AM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for your support.
In you sample code, still I could see that in collapsed view, I could not see the summary row of Child table.
My requirement is that even in Collapsed mode, the summary rows of child table should be visible.

Can you pls help on this.

Thanks.

>Hi Ankit,

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/grid.windows/F76294/main.htm

Best Regards,
Srirajan.

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team September 2, 2008 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Ankit,

You need to create custom section to achieve this behaviour. Please refer the previous sample to create custom section and also refers the below browser sample.
In Browser:
Grid.Grouping Samples---->Grouping---->CustomSectionInGroup

Local Path:
\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{Installed Version}\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Grouping\CustomSectionInGroup

Otherwise please refer the below SummaryInCaption browser sample, which shows the ChildTable Summaries event in Collapse mode.

In Browser:
Grid.Grouping Samples---->Summaries---->SummaryInCaption

Local Path:
\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{Installed Version}\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Summaries\SummaryIncaption

Best Regards,
Srirajan.

AT Ankit Thakkar September 2, 2008 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Srirajan,
I woluld like to impress that I am not doing grouping on my columns, but I have given Parent child relation table as datasource. So I am having a parent row which when expaned shows the list of child record.
Now, I need to show the summary of my child table below my parent record even in collapsed view. The view should be something like two record in parent table which when expaned shows the list of child tables.

The samples donot seem to have this. Do you have any sample for this requirement.

Thanks

>Hi Ankit,

You need to create custom section to achieve this behaviour. Please refer the previous sample to create custom section and also refers the below browser sample.
In Browser:
Grid.Grouping Samples---->Grouping---->CustomSectionInGroup

Local Path:
\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{Installed Version}\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Grouping\CustomSectionInGroup

Otherwise please refer the below SummaryInCaption browser sample, which shows the ChildTable Summaries event in Collapse mode.

In Browser:
Grid.Grouping Samples---->Summaries---->SummaryInCaption

Local Path:
\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{Installed Version}\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Summaries\SummaryIncaption

Best Regards,
Srirajan.

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team September 4, 2008 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Ankit,

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/grid.windows/F76294Sep04/main.htm

Best Regards,
Srirajan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon