We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unable to get text after upgrading to 6.3

I have some code written in DocIO 5.1 that can read .doc file fine. But, after upgrading to 6.3 I can no longer find text in most documents.
If I walk through a file, none of the sections end up containing any text. Has anyone encountered this as well? The file seems to open fine, and I can call WorkDocument.SaveText to get unformatted text out.

2 Replies

AF Alan Finney July 28, 2008 04:58 PM UTC

NVM. The text is buried in nested tables (just found the Document Explorer tool, very cool). Now i need to figure out where the recursive calls in my code break down.

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team July 29, 2008 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Alan,

Thank you four interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue in our end. I am able to get all the text from document with nested table when converting doc to text in version 6.3. Could you please send us your sample or document to reproduce the issue in our end? so that I would be able to reproduce and investigate more on this issue.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon