We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

RibbonWindow ApplicationMenu Strange Behavior

I'm upgrading from Essential Too v1.2 to v3.( 6.303.0.30)
I encounter some strange behavior.

First, I've created a new WPF Application Project in Visual Studio and added the Syncfusion references and change my window to ribbon window.
I then add in some Application MenuItem to the ApplicationMenu but when I run the application I couldn't see my ApplicationMenu Button. However, If I add an ApplicationMenuImage, I can see the icon (without the circle) and when I click on it, I can see a half styled ApplicationMenu, with gray half transparent background.

After a fair bit of investigation, it seems to me that there are issues when the Window size is <= 300. (Which by default WPF project is Width=300 and height=300 when creating from scratch)

To replicate the issue, open up the RibbonWindow Sample, change the window size from 800x600 to 300x300.
Launch the Sample App.
You shouldn't be able to see the Application Menu properly.
Resize the Window to >300, you will now see the SyncFusion icon but not the circle behind.
MouseOver the Logo, you then see the highlighed circle button.
Click on the ApplicationMenuButton, you will see a half styled ApplicationMenu.

I discovered this when I'm trying to debug my app following the upgrade to v3, so I went back to the RibbonWindow Sample app and do a process of elimination in identifying what the culprit is.

However, the problem is still not resolved in my real app. I've set the Width and Height to 1024x768, but I still get the same problem.
Window MinHeight and MinWidth are also not working.

Any help is appreciated.

3 Replies

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team July 16, 2008 09:34 AM UTC

Hi Fred,

We had a clean investigation regarding your problem and still we are not able to reproduce your problem both in windows XP as well as in a Vista machine environment.
Could you please update us your sample so that we try to reproduce the issue and do the needful.

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Bala Vasanth

FY Fred Yip July 16, 2008 10:38 AM UTC

Here's my project, it's the RibbonWindow sample project from the v3 installation.

All I changed was the width & height to 300.

I've included 2 screenshots as well.

RibbonWindow_be38fdad.zip

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team July 16, 2008 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Fred,

Sorry for the inconveniece caused. We are able to reproduce the issue only under Version 6.3.0.30. You will be surprised to hear from us that this issue is internally fixed and it will be available in our next development build on 21st of July.

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Bala Vasanth.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon