We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

problem printing legend in IE.6

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

75075 Jul 11,2008 02:15 AM UTC Jul 22,2008 09:33 AM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 5
Tags: Chart
Kerry Gilmore
Asked On July 11, 2008 02:15 AM UTC

We're having an issue printing the Chart legend when using IE6.

See attached file.

As you can see the chart prints fine but the legend box just prints the boarder with no series inside.

This occurs doesn't matter how many charts are on the page or how many series are represented in the legend.

We have manage to find a work around. That is it prints fine using IE7 and above.

However, alot of our users still only have IE6 and thus we would greatly appreciate a solution for IE6 if possible.

Cheers

Legend printing problem_9fb53691.zip

Manohari [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 11, 2008 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Kerry,

I have tested for this issue using our Latest version. And I am unable to reproduce this issue.

Please find the sample which prints Legend Items Correctly in IE6 in thsi link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Web/6.3.0.6/F75075/sample.htm

Could you please let me know if I am mising soething. Is it possible to provide us with a minimal sample taht reproduces this issue? So that it would be more helpful for us to provide you with better solution at the earliest.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Kerry Gilmore
Replied On July 14, 2008 06:35 AM UTC

Hi

Thanks for your reply however there seems to be a slight problem with the link to the page that you have refered to.

This is the error that i get when i click on the link.

Link Error_635e80e7.zip

Manohari [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 14, 2008 06:44 AM UTC

Hi Kerry,

We regret for the inconvenience caused. This error with sample link has been fixed. Please find the updatd link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Web/6.3.0.6/F75075/sample.htm

Please let us know if you need any other information. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Kerry Gilmore
Replied On July 15, 2008 05:54 AM UTC

I understand that when you use the print icon within the chart it prints ok.

However if you print the page using the browser (IE6) print features it still doesn't print out the legend. see attached file.

Sorry i should have made this clearer to start with.

Thanks for the quick reponses.

Syncfusion3_d716a94d.zip

Manohari [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 22, 2008 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Kerry,

We regret very much for the delayed response. This behavior with ChartWebControl in IE6 is suspected to be a defect. I have created a defect report [#11068] in this regard and have forwarded to our Development Team. I will get back to you regarding the time line for fixing this issue with two business days.

You can track the progress of this bug fix in the following link.

Defect #11068 - ChartLegend is not printed correctly when printing in IE6.

Kindly let us know if you need any other information. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;