We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

open ExcelFile Failure (XlsIO Interface)

Hi all,

i've a question to the XlsIO Interface. I have a function which save a chart into a Excel File (Code enclosed in Source Code.doc). Everything is fine if i run the function and the excel file was generated on my hard disk.

But if i open the file an error message comes up (Open Excel File Error.doc). After press ok excel opens the file and the data are shown correctly.

The size of the file after creation and before first opening are exactly 184.359 Bytes (Diagramm Before First Open.xls).

If i now save the opened file in excel directly, the size of the file is after that only 8.192 Byte (Diagramm After First Open.xls).

If i open the file now, there is no error message shown.

So could you please give me a tip what i'm doeing wrong at saving the file?

I'm using the interface also on other parts in my application and there are the created excel files correct.

Regards,
Stephan

Syncfusion Error_8d99b91.zip

14 Replies

SD Steffen Dunst June 4, 2008 06:59 AM UTC

I'm using Excel2003 SP3, and Essential Stusio in version 6.302.0.3...

>Hi all,

i've a question to the XlsIO Interface. I have a function which save a chart into a Excel File (Code enclosed in Source Code.doc). Everything is fine if i run the function and the excel file was generated on my hard disk.

But if i open the file an error message comes up (Open Excel File Error.doc). After press ok excel opens the file and the data are shown correctly.

The size of the file after creation and before first opening are exactly 184.359 Bytes (Diagramm Before First Open.xls).

If i now save the opened file in excel directly, the size of the file is after that only 8.192 Byte (Diagramm After First Open.xls).

If i open the file now, there is no error message shown.

So could you please give me a tip what i'm doeing wrong at saving the file?

I'm using the interface also on other parts in my application and there are the created excel files correct.

Regards,
Stephan

Syncfusion Error_8d99b91.zip

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team June 4, 2008 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The issue looks like document is corrupted when creation and we are investigating the cause of this issue and will update by tomorrow.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team June 5, 2008 07:31 AM UTC

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your patience.

I tried creating a similar sample without chart control but with the same values of chart. I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue that you mentioned here.

Here is the sample for your reference:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Web/6.2.0.40/74231/main.htm

Please take a look into the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample and send us the modified sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Meanwhile, I have forwarded the corrupted file that you gave to our development team for their analysis.

Regards,
G.Yavana

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 6, 2008 05:07 PM UTC

Hi again,

i tried your example and i got the same failure after i'm creating the file. I will try to open the excel file first on another pc and if this doesn't work on another excel version (2002, XP) on monday.

Regards,
Stephan

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team June 10, 2008 03:56 AM UTC

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your update.

We have opened the file with various machines and tested the issue. Here the file is not corrupted. We suspect that the files are not created properly.Could you please try to create the file with entirely different machine and check the issue?

Here is the output file created in our environment:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Outputfile.Zip

Meanwhile, I have forwarded the corrupted file that you gave to our development team for their analysis and will update you once we get back from them.

Regards,
G.Yavana

SD Steffen Dunst June 10, 2008 05:56 AM UTC

Hi,

no way 4 different pc's, the same result. is there maybe some excel property which must set? Or could it be a language specific problem?

Stephan

SD Steffen Dunst June 10, 2008 07:48 AM UTC

Hi,

enclosed are two Excel- Files. OrigData.xls
contains the FileProperties after create.
NewData.xls contains the FileProperties after open one time and save on my local machine.
The Information i read out with "BuiltInDocumentProperties" Funktion from your Framework. As you can see there are set a lot of Properties if i save the file one time.

Maybe this helps?

Regards,
Stephan

NewData_fd5bca07.zip

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team June 10, 2008 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for providing more information.

We have forwarded this issue to our development team. We will update you once we get back from them.

Please provide the below details:

1.System Configuration.

2.Office version

3.IE version

Also please try to run our sample and send the corrupted file.

Regards,
G.Yavana

SD Steffen Dunst June 10, 2008 12:36 PM UTC

1.System Configuration.

I. Local Machine (Development PC)
Windows XP SP3 (newest Patches), German OS
II. Webserver
Windows Server 2003 SP2, German OS

2.Office version

I.Office2003 Professional, SP3 (newest Patches), German
II: Office2003 Professional, SP3 (newest Patches), German

3.IE version

I. 7.0.5730.13 (German)
II. 7.0.5730.13 (German)

4. Firefox

I. 2.0.0.14

CorruptedFile_24c51a9a.zip

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team June 11, 2008 12:46 PM UTC

Hi stephan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are creating the environment as you have mentioned. We will test the issue in that environment and will update you within two business days.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team June 16, 2008 09:50 AM UTC

Hi Stephan,

We are able to reproduce the issue in German windows. We suspect the issue - 'In German windows Xp the excel file is corrupted' to be a defect and we have forwarded this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you once we get back from them.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.
Regards,
G.Yavana

SD Steffen Dunst August 8, 2008 11:29 AM UTC

Hi all,

it seems that the problem with the file error is not fixed in yor latest version of Essential Studio (6.302.0.30). I have still the same error message if i try to open the file.
Could you please give me some information about this issue.

Thank's,
Stephan

>Hi Stephan,

We are able to reproduce the issue in German windows. We suspect the issue - 'In German windows Xp the excel file is corrupted' to be a defect and we have forwarded this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you once we get back from them.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.
Regards,
G.Yavana

SD Steffen Dunst August 8, 2008 11:30 AM UTC

Hi all,

it seems that the problem with the file error is not fixed in yor latest version of Essential Studio (6.302.0.30). I have still the same error message if i try to open the file.
Could you please give me some information about this issue.

Thank's,
Stephan

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team August 11, 2008 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Stephan,

I regret for the inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately the issue has not been fixed yet. We have raised the priority. Please refer to the following link for the status update on this defect fix.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/XlsIO/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=10627

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon