We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unable to load one or more of the requested types.

Hello,

We are exporting to excel from a syncfusion grid.

It is working on development machine. But on webserver it gives below error :

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

please reply..thanks in advance....

Thankyou,

Vaishali

7 Replies

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team April 30, 2008 09:50 AM UTC

Hi Vaishali,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Normally this error occurs while you missing the compression dll. Please include "Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll" assembly in the bin folder.

If you only need to deploy grid application, then there is no need for Syncfusion.Compression.base.dll. You are converting Grid to Excel, so you need to deploy both XlsIo.base and also it''s dependent dll “Compression.base” while deploying the application.

Please try this and if the problem still exists could you please try to send your sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
G.Yavana

VA Vaishali May 3, 2008 07:21 AM UTC

Hi G.Yavana,
Thank You for the help.

This solution has solved my problem instantly.

Thanks & Regards,
Vaishali

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team May 5, 2008 05:36 AM UTC

Hi Vaishali,

Thank you for your update.

Glad to hear that the problem has been solved.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

ME Mehmet July 29, 2008 02:56 PM UTC

Hi, I am using trial version and i have similar problem with saiyng Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. , i have installed the syncfusion essential studio 6.3.0.30. You said that i must put Syncfusion.compression.base.dll in bin folder, But i couldnt find Syncfusion.compression.base.dll in assembly or C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.3.0.30\precompiledassemblies\6.3.0.30\2.0 folder how can i find this dll ?

ME Mehmet July 29, 2008 02:56 PM UTC

Hi, I am using trial version and i have similar problem with saiyng Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. , i have installed the syncfusion essential studio 6.3.0.30. You said that i must put Syncfusion.compression.base.dll in bin folder, But i couldnt find Syncfusion.compression.base.dll in assembly or C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.3.0.30\precompiledassemblies\6.3.0.30\2.0 folder how can i find this dll ?

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team August 7, 2008 10:10 AM UTC

Hi Mehmet,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Please downloading our latest version from the below forum thread and refer the below steps:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=75132

1.Run Assembly Manager(Syncfusion->Essential Studio 6.3.0.30->Dashboard) and remove all other versions.
2.Now Install the version 6.3.0.30.
3.Please verify the assemblies are in the following folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies
6)Then recompile your application

The "Syncfusion.Compression.base.dll" should be placed in the public Assemblies folder. Please check and if the assembly could not be found, try to create a direct trac incident regarding this issue so that we will provide you a solution?

Regards,
G.Yavana

TR Thomas Rankin October 29, 2010 09:25 PM UTC

I know this is an old thread, but I ran into this error recently on a deployed server. What we eventually found was that the XlsIO was looking for the MVC 1.0 DLL, but the server that I deployed it to had never had 1.0 installed.

Thought I would share the information in case other run into the same issue.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon