We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Autocomplete performance

Does anyone know how to speed up the performaance of the Windows Forms Autocomplete control? The matching is VERY slow. It takes several seconds for the matched results to show up after each keystroke. I am loading the combobox with 2000 records.

The frustrating part is the old version of the control was very fast.

Actually, the current version of the Autocomplete is a mess. I have submitted several DirecTrac incidents and currently have one outstanding regarding a very serious memory leak.

My client is very frustrated at this point. Does anyone out there know of any other Autocomplete controls on the market that are reliable. I need "multi-column" functionality or I would just use the one that comes with .NET 2.0.

Thanks for any help!
-Blaine

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2008 09:18 AM UTC

Hi Blaine,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue mentioned here. Please find the simple sample that has 2000 data in the comboBox in the following link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F72268/main.htm

Please find the vidio clip in the following link that shows how the AutoComplete quickly responds to key stoke:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F72268/VideoClip.zip

If I am missing anything, could you please let me know in detail of your requirement so that I could work out and provide you a better solution?

Our AutoComplete control also supports multicolumn feature. Please have a look at the browser sample that is avaliable in the following location that illustrates this:

{Installation Drive}:\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\2.0\Editors
Package\AutoCompleteDemo

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon