We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Building outside of VS2003 using NAnt causing license error.

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

71852 Feb 15,2008 07:24 PM Feb 20,2008 10:54 PM General Discussion 1
Tags: General Discussion
Terrence Nirmaier
Asked On February 15, 2008 07:24 PM

Hi there,
I've seen throughout the forum postings that I'm not the only developer with this issue.

Case in point:
http://www.syncfusion.co.in/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=37818

However, you will notice the previous post was not answered. I understand this posting is a few years old now and I'm hoping this issue has been fixed.

I'm running an automated build using Nant and although my solution builds just fine in Visual Studio 2003 it does not build using NAnt task.
The error I recieve is:
C:\Views\algogui_AlgoGUI_v.2.0\AlgoGUI\src\AlgoGUI-Triton3x-PlugIn\licenses.licx(1) : error LC0003 : Unabled to resolve type 'Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core'

External Program Failed: C:\Documents and Settings\algogui\Local Settings\Temp\tmp59.tmp\lc.exe (return code was -1)

After much time sifting through the many forum posts I'm left to ask this question myself. My error does not occur within the project using the syncfusion controls, rather it occurs in a project with a reference to the project employing the syncfusion controls. Why do I have a licenses.licx file in that project? Do I need that license file if the project is not using syncfusion?
Please advise.

Thanks, Terry

Karthik
Replied On February 20, 2008 10:54 PM

Hi Terry,

Basically, the licenses.licx is used for licensing controls.

Could you please make sure the following :

Does the project contains reference to Syncfusion.Core assembly ?

If not, Add the reference.

If the reference is already present, then make sure whether the correct version of Syncfusion.Core is present in your GAC.

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Karthik

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;