We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Generated excel file doesn''t open in some office version

Hi,

Many times when I use a template from office 2003 with syncfusion and that I try to open it in another excel (2000, sommetimes other 2003 version) it crashes and can't be opened. But the base template can be opened by this versions.

The generated seems to have something that makes some office installation crash but I can't find what.

I had this same problem when I was saving in compatibility mode in office 2007. When I tried to open a generated document from the template made in 2007 in office 2003 it crashed without any way of recovering or correcting the document.

Any idea about that ?

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 12, 2008 10:10 AM UTC

Hi Gdo,

I regret for the delayed response.

Could you please provide us the specific base template in which the issue occurs so that we could reproduce this issue in our side with that base template and sort out the cause of this issue and provide you a solution?

Thanks,
Melba

AK akd March 6, 2008 05:32 PM UTC

I can't send you a file for example since it's a non disclosurable file.

But some templates. Which seems ok, crash at opening in office 2003, 2000 and 97 but not in 2007.

Another bug I can't explain is that a template with no merge field in it raise an exception when i try to apply an ExecuteGroup on it, if I execute the same code on another blank document it doesn't raise the exception.
I can't find what's in the firtst document which raise the error which is :

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException was caught
Message="Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.\rParameter name: index"
Source="mscorlib"
ParamName="index"
StackTrace:
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.ParagraphItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.MailMerge.GroupSelector.FindInBodyItems(BodyItemCollection bodyItems)
at Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.MailMerge.GroupSelector.FindInBodyItems(BodyItemCollection bodyItems)
at Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.MailMerge.GroupSelector.ProcessGroups(WTextBody body, IRowsEnumerator rowsEnum)
at Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.MailMerge.ExecuteGroup(WSection section, IRowsEnumerator rowsEnum)
at Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.MailMerge.ExecuteGroup(IRowsEnumerator rowsEnum)
at Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.MailMerge.ExecuteGroup(DataTable table)
at ivalua.buyer_technip.ord.order_template_merge.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\cvs\buyer_technip\ord\order_template_merge.ascx.cs:line 241
InnerException:

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 14, 2008 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Akd,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException:

For testing this issue we need your excel file and the word document which caused the issue so that we could sort out cause of the issue and provide you a solution. Please sending your files in our direct trac which is more securable and it cannot be access by others, so please create a DT incident and send your files to reproduce the issue.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon