We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issues with Printing the document using Doc IO

Hi Team,

We have a requirement of mail merging and printing a document template (.dot) with its corresponding data from database using Windows Forms (DOT NET 2.0), so we decided to use the Syncfusion product Doc IO Version 6.1.0.34.

We are able to do the mail merge without any issue, but we are unable to proceed with printing functionalities. While printing the merged document, the Doc IO component is not preserving the original format of document. The font and alignment of the document is changed and also the images are not printed.

Please give us a feedback regarding this issue. Hope to get your reply soon.

7 Replies

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team February 8, 2008 07:26 AM UTC

Hi Thiru,

Thanks you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

While printing the documents formats are not maintained

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue of ' The generated mail merge document formats are not preserved 'in the below environment while printing our DocIO.

Windows XP with SP2, .NET 2.0 Framework, MS office 2002 and Essential Studio v.6.1.0.34.

It prints the document as it is without any issues. Please let me know your system configuration, Office version and DocIO generated word document.

Here with I have attached the sample that I have used to test this issue:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/DocIO.Windows/F71600/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

TH Thiru February 11, 2008 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Bhuvana,

Let me summarize our requirment,
We have to print a word document through our application(.Net 2.0 Windows forms) from a machine(XP/2003) where Microsoft office is not installed. We want to know "Is it possible using the Doc IO component?" if so, please give me a sample.

thank you
Thiru

>Hi Thiru,

Thanks you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

While printing the documents formats are not maintained

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue of ' The generated mail merge document formats are not preserved 'in the below environment while printing our DocIO.

Windows XP with SP2, .NET 2.0 Framework, MS office 2002 and Essential Studio v.6.1.0.34.

It prints the document as it is without any issues. Please let me know your system configuration, Office version and DocIO generated word document.

Here with I have attached the sample that I have used to test this issue:

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

TH Thiru February 11, 2008 09:42 AM UTC

FYI - From the following link you gave,
we cant download the source files(Sample.zip). That page is not found. Please check that...

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team February 12, 2008 05:13 AM UTC

Hi Thiru,

Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the broken link.I have provided a new link with Attached sample for your references.

Best Regards,
Vishnu.

TH Thiru February 12, 2008 06:49 AM UTC

Hi There..

Thanks for the link, but thats not useful for me. I am having issues with printing the document. Not having issues with mail merging.

Let me summarize my requirment.

We have to print a word document through our application(.Net 2.0 Windows forms) from a machine(XP/2003) where Microsoft office is not installed. We want to know "Is it possible using the Doc IO component?" if so, please give me a sample for printing a word document with preserving the original font,alignment and images.

thank you
Thiru

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team February 12, 2008 09:46 AM UTC

Hi Thiru,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion products.

Issue:Printing support.

Currently we don't have support for printing functionality using our DocIO API. We can Create and Edit the word document using our DocIO API. For viewing and printing option, you need to install Microsoft office or any word viewer.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Vishnu.

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team February 12, 2008 09:46 AM UTC

Hi Thiru,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion products.

Issue:Printing support.

Currently we don't have support for printing functionality using our DocIO API. We can Create and Edit the word document using our DocIO API. For viewing and printing option, you need to install Microsoft office or any word viewer.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Vishnu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon