We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cannot open sample edp files

Hello

I tried to open the edp files that come with the v5.1 installation and an error appears (as seen on the attached file).

What is wrong?

Thanks a lot

msg.zip

5 Replies

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team January 9, 2008 12:38 AM UTC

Hi rhawk,

To upgrade the old symbol palette( .edp ) and diagram files (.edd) which was created in older versions into new version, please use “Converter” application which is shipped with the diagram.

Steps to upgrade old *.edp and *.edd into new version :

1. Open the Converter utility that is available in C:\Documents and Settings\username\My

2. Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.x.x.x\Windows\Diagram.Windows\Samples\2.0\Converter.

3. Open the OldToIntermediate application and traverse to ''''''''/bin/Debug''''''''.

4. Place the .edd and .edp files in the folder and run the OldToIntermediate exe file.

5. Corresponding to the placed files, .intmdedd/.intmdedp files will be generated.

6. Now copy these files to the IntermediateToNew/bin/Debug path and run the IntermediateToNew exe file.

The generated .edd/.edp files can now be used in any of the 5.1 version applications.

Please do the above steps and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Srirajan

EM Ernesto Moscoso Cam January 9, 2008 02:13 AM UTC

Believe me: I tried that procedure before I posted the issue. No additional file is created when executing OldToIntermediate.exe.

I would like to point out that the file that I am sending you is a renamed version of a file included in the samples, which was not changed whatsoever.

I presume that using SOAP to persists layouts and palettes has proved to be cumbersome.

Paleta.zip

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team January 10, 2008 04:00 AM UTC

Hi,

As this is suspected to be a defect, can you please create a new Driect-Trac incident with TITLE :[ Exception is thrown while coverting the symbol palette files - F70892]. This will be more helpful for us to investigate further in this issue.

Regards,
Fathima

ER ERobishaw January 15, 2008 08:31 PM UTC

My OldToIntermediate has no compiled version.
(no bin folders, etc...)

I cannot compile it myself, w/o errors.

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team January 30, 2008 12:00 PM UTC

Hi ERobishaw,

I regret for the delayed response.

You have to place the assemblies( syncfusion.diagram.base.dll, Syncfusion.Diagram.Windows.dll, syncfusion.core.dll) in the Debug folder and then you have to build your application. After building, the OldToIntermediate.exe will be generated in the Debug folder.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon