We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to add a customized combobox into GridDataBoundGrid

Is it possible to add a comstomized comboBox into GridDataBoundGrid?

For windows datagridview, we can create classes inherited from DataGridViewTextBoxCell and DataGridViewColumn, then add the derived DataGridViewColumn class into Columns property of DataGridView. Just wondering if we can do something simular for syncfusion control?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 28, 2007 09:56 AM UTC

See the discussion in the grid's User Guide on deriving Cell Controls.

http://www2.syncfusion.com/ug_latest/gridwin/default.html

It is under the Basic Concepts section.

You can also see many examples of custom cells in samples we ship. Look in this folder (or whereever you installed the samples).

C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.2.0.25\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\CustomCellTypes

KW Keping Wu January 8, 2008 05:14 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply.

Examples in local machine are designed for GridControl. And I'm looking for someting can be used in GridDataBoundGrid.

I've created my own CellModel and CellRenderer to display a customized comboBox. Now I'm wondering how to plug it into the GridDataboundGrid. There're no CellModels property for GridDataBoundGrid. I've also tried to handle PrepareViewStyleInfo event. But CellMode of GridStyleInfo is readonly, so I cannot assign my model to it.

Is there another way to customise the control for GridDataBoundGrid?

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team January 12, 2008 06:31 AM UTC

Hi Keping,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Custom cell type can be created in GridDataBoundGrid. The sample in the below link uses the custom cell type ''DropDownUserCell''. It uses DropDownUserControl as a custom cell. It does so by being derived from GridDropDownCellRenderer and GridDropDownCellModel.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F70119/main.htm

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

KW Keping Wu January 14, 2008 01:02 AM UTC

Good example!!! Thanks mate.

Since I've created the model and renderer for grid control, I can simply assign it to:
1. Model.CellModels
2. Binder.InternalColumns[0].StyleInfo.CellType

Easy... :)

Would you please update those information into the help file for next release. Cause I found that the help file was not good enough to understand how to use the some of controls. Most of the time, I have to search the forum or post question. But you guys provided really good customer service and repsonse very quickly... Much appreciated.

KW Keping Wu January 14, 2008 01:11 AM UTC

Another question, we just downloaded the lastest Syncfusion Essential Studio (6.1.0.34). After we installed it, we couldn't find any help files. Have help files been removed?

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team January 15, 2008 09:01 AM UTC

Hi Keping,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions provided. I have notified our productization team to include neccessary details regarding custom cell types in DataBoundControl.

Documentation files are to be installed seperately. It is not included with the EssentialStudio setup file. Please find the latest documentation in the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=70506

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon