We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error in opening word document in office word 2003

Hi ,
When I using DocIO to save data from server ,I use the following code .
---------------------------------------------
document.Save("Tab_4_4.doc", FormatType.Doc, Response, HttpContentDisposition.Attachment)
---------------------------------------------
It's very normal code ,and runs good in my computer environment. But Some of my staffs can't open the word document using word 2003.See the attachement (gif). Sice the my environment charactor encoding is Traditional Chinese . I explain the meaning of the gif.

Error happened while trying to open the document.Try the following suggestions.
*.Check the rights on the folder where the documents locate.
*.Make sure you have enough disk spaces.
*.Using Translation and recovery program to open the document.

I don't think it's the reason to open the download document.and I can open the document in my developing environment.But if I save the word and send to my staff, they can't open it also.

By the way I found that when I open the document using text editor, lots of HTML cod is in the end of file.I don't know if this is the reason to cause the problem .
The Demo code have the same condition too. It have HTML code at the end of the document.How should I do ?

Thank for your help.

word4-4error.zip

4 Replies

WW William Wuang November 16, 2007 06:39 AM UTC

hi ,
I reattache the english version word error gif.

by the way I have the save conditions on my developing environment.

word4error.zip

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team November 16, 2007 11:57 AM UTC

Hi William,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Error in opening word document in office word 2003

This issue is a know issue which has been fixed internally and will be available in our next public release which is expected on third week of November.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Melba

WW William Wuang December 4, 2007 02:01 AM UTC

Hi Melba,
Do you mean you will have another service pack or another release version. But I don't see any service pack in November on this page.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/default.aspx

Where can I download the service pack.
Our registered product is 5.1.0.51 and I update to 5.1.1.47 ,this error is still there.
Thanks for you reply.
william

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team December 4, 2007 01:25 PM UTC

Hi William,

Thank you for the update.

Our Essential Studio 2008 Volume 1 final version is available for download. You can download this version from the below forum thread:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=70234

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon