We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Links to other data sources

Hi everyone -

I'm trying to modify a spreadsheet that contains links to other data sources. I don't want to modify these links, but I do need to check the displayed text contained within the linked cells.

The problem is when I save the spreadsheet, the links are altered to include the path of my application. This happens even if I just open & close the spreadsheet.

For example, a linked cell originally had this formula value:

=ILX|Q!'cbs,Bta'

would be altered to be:

='C:\ALPHA\XLSUpdate\XLSUpdate\bin\Debug\ILX\Q'!'cbs,Bta'

I don't want these formulas to be updated. Is there a way I can prevent XlsIO from doing so?

Thanks!

1 Reply

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team November 10, 2007 10:00 AM UTC

Hi,

I am afraid that i am not able to reproduce the problem that you have mentioned here. Please

refer to the following steps that i tried to reproduce it.

1.I have created a sample in XlsIo.
2.I have opened the file containing Link in a formula
3.Again i saved and opened it through XlsIo, but the formula is not get updated with the application path.

Please refer the tested sample following the below link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/F69740/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the problem exists, could you please try

reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort

out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon