We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Save excel file

Syncfusion 4.4.

I have a problem to re-save data in my grirdGroupingControl(grid) into an opening an excel file. For example, if I have book1.xls open, then I save the data from gcc to overwrite book1.xls, my application will close down.

Attached is my code to save data to an excel file from grid. Please help me with this.

saveAsExcel.zip

2 Replies

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team November 6, 2007 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting query to us.

Generally we cannot resave the data of any grid into an open excel file. Before overwrite the changes in the grid to the same Excel file, you should close the Excel file. And then save the changes.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

WJ Wen Jiang November 6, 2007 02:45 PM UTC

Jeba,

Thank you for your reply. I knew there is no problem if I close the Excel file before I save. If there is no better solution, I would like to have the code to check if the Excel file is open or not, if yes, I would pop up a message to remind the user to close the Excel file. Can you please tell me how to check if an Excel file is opened? Thanks a lot!

Jane

>Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting query to us.

Generally we cannot resave the data of any grid into an open excel file. Before overwrite the changes in the grid to the same Excel file, you should close the Excel file. And then save the changes.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon