We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Floating DockingManager does not minimizes with application

Make DockingManager floating n minimize the Main MDI application the floating DockingManager remains displayed there on desktop but the application minimizes.

I dont know if theres some specific attribte to set for this functionality.

Please need some help.

--
Looking forward,
Zeeshan

5 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team October 27, 2007 12:40 AM UTC

Hi Zeeshan ,

I am not sure of what might be causing this strange behavior without a working sample. I have tested this issue in a simple application with Essentail studio V.5.2.0.25. But I was not able to reproduce the issue. I have attached my test sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F69412/main.htm

Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyze the issue further.

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regards,
Nagaraj

ZE Zeeshan October 29, 2007 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,

Thanks for your early responce, That sample works really fine.

But my problem still exists & i had a complex application but i succeded in reprocucing the bug with a sample code.

i m attaching this sample project with this reply kindly review it.

In our application we are using Tab-Control for new windows & each new window contains several docking-windows( that can be made floating )

So, I have made a sample to demonstrated this all; this sample conatain multiple documents opening in tabs and each document contains one or more docking windows.

>>Steps to reproduce from this sample code:
-. Make dockingwindow floating
-. Minimize the Main MDI Application
-. Application Minimizes but the all floating docking managers remains on desktop instead being minimized with the application.

Now there can be several reason for this but i hope you guys can hav a quick look at it and find out wts the difference my code has, or is there any specific property missed or sort of...

Thanks for your co-operation n help.I m looking forward to your reply.

--
Regards,
Zeeshan

DockingManager_FloatingStateProblem .zip

ZE Zeeshan October 29, 2007 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,

i have found one more thing & have found the exact scenario to produce as well.

hide docking control in floating state, unalble to make it visible.

- Make Docking Panel Window "DockAble" and "Dock to --> Right"
(as it works fine with dock to --> left)
- Now Make Docking Ctrl Window floating
- Hide Docking Ctrl Window
- Now Show Docking Ctrl Window, unable to show the docking window which was hidden.

for this all i have update the previous solution & added a toggle button in each document that toggles the visibility of docking control.

So, here is another problem which was there but was unable to sort it why it was happening but now have found the exact scenario & hope that your 'll help me in finding the solution for these problems as they are a showstopper to things currently in m working on.

Thanx & looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Muhammad Zeeshan

DockingManager_FloatingState_Problemz.zip

ZE Zeeshan October 30, 2007 05:44 AM UTC

Hi All,
SyncFusion Team;

Problem: Change Docking-Window dockStyle to ‘Floating’ and Minimize the MDI Application;
Floating docking window does not minimize with the application but remains on desktop.

Steps to reproduce from this sample code:
-. Create New Document(s) (new document contains docking-window)
-. Change Docking-Window’s dockStyle to ‘floating’
-. Minimize the Main MDI Application
-. Application Minimizes but the all floating docking-windows remain on desktop instead being minimized with the application.

Problem: Change Docking-Window dockStyle to ‘Floating’ and Hide Docking Window (i.e.-SetDockVisibility to false). Now make Docking Window Visible (i.e.-SetDockVisibility to true);
Docking Window is not visible.

Steps to reproduce from this sample code:
-. Create New Document (new document contains docking-window & a toggle button)
-. Change Docking Window dockStyle to ‘DockAble’ and set ‘Dock to  Right’
-. Change Docking-Window’s dockStyle to ‘floating’
-. Hide Docking Window (by clicking Show/Hide button on document); docking window is now hidden
-. Now Show Docking Window (click Show/Hide button); unable to show the docking window which was hidden

Regards,
Zeeshan

DockingManager_FloatingState_Bugs.zip

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team October 31, 2007 01:45 AM UTC

Hi Zeeshan,

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion products.

1." Floating docking window does not minimize with the application but remains on desktop".

I have tested this issue in v.5.2.0.25 and I was able to reproduce this issue. Please open a Direct trac incident titled with this forum link. So that we can followup that incident and we will provide the fix.

2. "Problem with the visibility of floating control".

I was not able to reproduce this issue in v.5.2.0.25. Please refer to the attached video file that shows my test result.

https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Video_abc0af0e.zip

Please let me know if I have missed any steps.

Regards,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon