We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

GridControl CellValue vs. ControlValue

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

69280 Oct 22,2007 06:47 PM UTC Oct 29,2007 12:29 PM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: GridControl
Julie Levy
Asked On October 22, 2007 06:47 PM UTC

Hi -
i am not able to read values the user has entered when capturing it in the CurrentCellEditingComplete event using the CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlValue method. It doesn't happen all the time, seems to regularly happen upon the first user edit. When i inspect the cellvalue i get the correct value (see immediate window output below).

Any idea what might be the problem. I don't remember seeing this before we upgraded to version 5.2.05 from 4.402.0.51.

-----------------------------------------

?this[this.CurrentCell.RowIndex, this.CurrentCell.ColIndex].CellValue
?this.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlValue

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 25, 2007 03:47 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue "CurrentCellEditingComplete event using the CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlValue method. It doesn't happen all the time". This event is occurring regularly.

Please download the sample from the below link:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F69280_1/main.htm

Please take a look into the sample and video clip. Can you pleas provide your sample, so that we would be able to reproduce the issue and investigate further on this issue.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Julie Levy
Replied On October 25, 2007 07:23 PM UTC

Hi -
thanks for your reply and your sample. I don't see the problem in your sample, but note that i stated we are using the GridControl... and that the cell starts out blank (datatype float).

I've recorded the behavior for you in the attached file.. it will take a while to create a sample reproducing the behavior. In the video, note that the first attempt shows the problem.. i used the mouse to activate the cell, typed in a 5, tabbed out of the cell and the 5 became a 0.00 because i read the currentcell.control.renderer value using the following code:
oCellValue = this.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlValue;
this.Model[iRow, iCol].CellValue = oCellValue;
In previous versions i had to do this to set the correct value in the Model from the ControlValue.

In the second attempt where everything is fine, i tabbed into the cell instead of using the mouse.

Thanks,
Julie

currentcell_renderer.zip

Bhuvaneswari P [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 29, 2007 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the update.

I am afraid your video clip is not clear. We have tried to reproduce the issue as you specified in your update in the last updated sample itself. But we are not able to reproduce the issue.

Could you please send as a small sample which reproduces the issue? So that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;