We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding patges to the Wizard

When I add pages to the wizard control, then go thru the UI and change the page ordering by moving selected pages up/down, the back/next buttons cease to function. I can replicate this 'feature' in the sample delivered with the Essential Suite. Any help appreciated. Tim

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2003 04:22 AM UTC

Hi Tim, I have modified the existing WizardControlDemo sample and added 2 extra pages at the end of the current set of pages. Shuffling them any number of times using the 'Bring to Front' and 'Send to Back' options in the designer does not create any problems and the next/back buttons seem to work fine here. Please let me know if there is a specific sequence in which they need to be shuffled to reproduce this problem. Also please let me know the version of Essential Tools that you are using. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal.

TJ Tim Jackson September 9, 2003 04:33 PM UTC

I am not sure how you are doing the back/front but when you go to the controls collection of pages, and move those pages up and down via the designer, you get an error saying 'object not set' then the back/next buttons do not work in design mode and I have not been able to figure out how to get back to my pages via design mode. HEEEELLPP!! Tim > Hi Tim, > > I have modified the existing WizardControlDemo sample and added 2 extra pages at the end of the current set of pages. Shuffling them any number of times using the 'Bring to Front' and 'Send to Back' options in the designer does not create any problems and the next/back buttons seem to work fine here. Please let me know if there is a specific sequence in which they need to be shuffled to reproduce this problem. > > Also please let me know the version of Essential Tools that you are using. Thanks for your cooperation. > > Regards, > Guru Patwal.

TJ Tim Jackson September 9, 2003 04:38 PM UTC

and to take this a step further, after doing the add/delete pages via the collection browser within the properties, i can no longer access the pages in the wizard THEN when I go to delete the wizard control I get an error from syncfusion: "Object reference not set to instance of object" and a buncha red code shows up in place of where the wizard control was, with another dialog box displaying "null reference exception" > When I add pages to the wizard control, then > go thru the UI and change the page ordering by > moving selected pages up/down, the back/next buttons cease to function. I can replicate this 'feature' in the sample delivered with the Essential Suite. > > Any help appreciated. > > Tim

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2003 07:49 PM UTC

Hi Tim, We have tested for this issue in our latest release, Essential Tools version 1.6.1.6 and did not encounter any such problems. Several related fixes have been incorporated in our latest release and the above mentioned problems seem to be taken care of. Please let us know the version of Essential Tools that you are using. If you are using an earlier version, then please open an incident in DirectTrac regarding this issue and we will send you the links to download our latest release. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal.

TJ Tim Jackson September 10, 2003 09:36 AM UTC

We just upgraded to 1.6.1.5 and I guess need to upgrade to 1.6.1.6. We had issues last time we upgraded and need to be more careful this time. Apparently there is a tool we need to run against our .resx files that we did not use last go around. Thank you for your quick responses. Tim > Hi Tim, > > We have tested for this issue in our latest release, Essential Tools version 1.6.1.6 and did not encounter any such problems. Several related fixes have been incorporated in our latest release and the above mentioned problems seem to be taken care of. > > Please let us know the version of Essential Tools that you are using. If you are using an earlier version, then please open an incident in DirectTrac regarding this issue and we will send you the links to download our latest release. Thanks for your cooperation. > > Regards, > Guru Patwal.

TJ Tim Jackson September 10, 2003 10:35 AM UTC

Can you direct me to the release notes for this version? I was unable to find any info on the site on what is fixed/added with this latest build. Thanks. Tim > We just upgraded to 1.6.1.5 and I guess need to > upgrade to 1.6.1.6. We had issues last time we upgraded and need to be more careful this time. Apparently there is a tool we need to run against our .resx files that we did not use last go around. > > Thank you for your quick responses. > > Tim > > > Hi Tim, > > > > We have tested for this issue in our latest release, Essential Tools version 1.6.1.6 and did not encounter any such problems. Several related fixes have been incorporated in our latest release and the above mentioned problems seem to be taken care of. > > > > Please let us know the version of Essential Tools that you are using. If you are using an earlier version, then please open an incident in DirectTrac regarding this issue and we will send you the links to download our latest release. Thanks for your cooperation. > > > > Regards, > > Guru Patwal. >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 10, 2003 06:01 PM UTC

Hi Tim, Please open an incident in DirectTrac regarding this issue and we will send you the installation, Readme and the Release Notes links for Essential Suite version 1.6.1.6. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon