We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Virtual GridControl Column sizing to fit entire clientsize

Hi,

Im evaluating the latest SyncFusion's grid control to display 4 columns and millions of rows of data in virtual mode.

The rows seems to be displayed fine, but I now want to be able to have the 4 columns always span the entire ClientSize.Width of the gridControl (even when GridControl is resized).

Colunmns 1,2 and 4 can be of a specified width say 65 pixels. But I want Column 3 to grow/shrink as the GridControl is resized but never be smaller than 65 pixels. If the gridcontrol.clientsize.width is less (65*4) pixels then a scrollbar should appear to display the hidden column(s).

Is functionality supported? How would I go about doing this?

Thanks

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team October 17, 2007 11:32 PM UTC

Hi Vinod,

Please refer the following KnowledgeBase Article that shows you "How can I have my grid auto adjust column widths so that the columns completely fill the grid's client area?".

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=70

Best regards,
Haneef

VT Vinod Tandon October 18, 2007 06:47 PM UTC

I had to convert the GridDataBoundGrid component to GridControl and it worked for me. Looks like we will buying this control :)

Thanks Haneef
-Vinod

BH Brian Hart September 15, 2012 02:03 AM UTC

Hello Haneef,

Thank you very kindly for providing helpful information.  However, when using IE 9 on Win7, I too had the problem the OP is having and needed to access the KB link. 

However, when I clicked the KB link, nothing happened.  My browser went to the link but then immediately stopped loading the page and nothing appeared on the screen.  You wouldn't know what can be done to help that can you?

Yours,

Brian

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon